Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

19 year old mom with 1 year old who needs some help!!!! please???

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:36 PM
  • 48 Replies

Hi my name is sierra i am 19 years old and i have a son who recently turned one... my boyfriend who is his biological father works all the time from 3 in the afternoon till 3 in the morning and is still in highschool and is about to graduate but still takes care of his family... but i am going insane because i feel like i dont have a life anymore and all i do is stay at home and take care of our son i love it dont get me wrong but sometimes i find myself getting mad for no reason my mood swings are crazy im gaining weight and i just dont feel like my self and im kinda depressed but dont know how to tell anyone!!! please give me some advice anyone please help!!!!!!surrender

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM
3 moms liked this
Welcome to motherhood. That's going to be most of your life from now on. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Lissette on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Perhaps at your baby's next well care visit speak to the pediatrician about where you can go either for a mommy support group or for some counseling. Could be some post partum depression going on there.

ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Being a mom sucks doesnt it? I still havent lost the weight from my 3rd. God I feel old. lol Do you have any friends that can come over to spend time with you and your son?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandi812
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Yah having a kid kinda does that to you. Your life is now baby, poopy diapers, cleaning, working. And if you are lucky enough and score a baby sitter than you get out kidless for a few hours.

Congrats you are now a responsible adult.
Momz24

how could i still have post partum depression when i had him over a year ago?

KeenaStarr
I sure did go through that too!
Don't feel bad it's natural!

My advise?
Get into a hobby or something
I started scrapbooking until I suggested he goes to part time so I can work part time so that I can get out of the house and spend quality Time with him and our ds.
It worked!:)
nicole6870
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have any friends w/kids? Maybe try setting up lunch dates. If you have family willing to help, get a babysitter and just go to the grocery store or if you can afford it get your hair done. Life will return I promise it just takes time. I have 3 @27 and 1 on the way. Ages 9,5, &3. I was just starting to find life again. :( Good luck!
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Hugs mama! I would make an apointment to see your doctor about this. Just tell him/her that you are concerned that your mood swings aren't normal and that you feel depressed and gaining weight. These are all things that he/she will need to know.

Momz24
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I just feel like i have no help even though he does take care of us but he thinks because he brings int he money he dosent have to help me! am i wrong for wanting him to help me?

delmeg10
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Post partum depression doesn't always show up right away. It can also last for years. Talk to your sons pedi about it.

Quoting Momz24:

how could i still have post partum depression when i had him over a year ago?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN