Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Why did you have a c-section?

I had one cause my DD was breech and stayed that way my whole pregnancy. They would have had to break her hips if I tried to have her vaginally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Replies (111-116):
alyssa1
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:21 AM

both my kids were c-sections. My oldest when i was pregnant the dr didnt want to go over my due date so i hadnt done anything by march 15th they were going to induce me.I went to hospital and they did ultrasound and said she was sideways.I had a choice of dr pushing on me to get her to turn and try to push her out before she turned or to have a c-section and not worry about any of that. i chose c-section. then with my second since i had one i was automatically having a c-section with him.

gr8d8n3mom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I had both my girls naturally. My dd had her first baby C-section, then as they were starting to get her ready for her second C-section, the dr. checked on her and said, well no time, just a few pushes and we will have a baby! Then she did! LOL

I blessed out the attending Dr. that did the C-section on my first grand daughter, (her regular Dr. had to leave for what ever reason,) and this jerk comes in saying, is this your mama, she says yes, he says to me did you have your babies "the regular way"? I said yes, he said to my dd, did your sisters have their babies " the regular way", my dd said my sister doesn't have any kids!, he said, they why can't u push out this baby?  I looked at him and said, you don't talk to a patient like that, what is wrong with you? HE insisted he was going to "get this baby out". DD is a nurse, she said, The baby is stuck, she can feel it, and the babys in distress, the Dr. was ignoring her. Then he did the episiotomy (sp) and they had turned of her epidural,because the nurses were told they were taking her in for a c-section! Then the dr starting to sew her up with out any numbing or epi!. My DD said, hey I can feel that, he said no you can't! I said, look when a patient tell you something YOU listen, it's the first rule of medicine, NUMB her bottom! He said, we are taking her in for a C- section. I said, I understand that, but she FEELS what your doing NOW!

turns out little grand daughters leg was bend up to her chest, poor baby needed a c-section just like my DD said all along, she was stuck!

Yes, when it came time for the 6 week check, I told my DD's regular DR everything, and said never leave him in charge again! 

momof3grls4517
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I was not dialating but been in labor for 3 days so they decided to do an emergency c section. my second dd I had planned to have a c section again and I was going to have my tubes tied while they were in there. Scheduled for a monday and she came the friday before.

Meadowchik
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM

My DD (twin in A position) was breach the whole pregnancy, and I had already had precipitous labors, so we did a planned C-section to avoid bad outcomes.

momamanda
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I was induced with my first dd then after being in the hospital all night with her heart rate jumping from 170-98 bpm off and on they decided to do a c-section. she had the umbilical cord around her neck 3 times.My other 2 were scheduled c-sections as much as I would have liked the experience of vaginal birth it wasn't worth the risk to do a vbac imo.

During the night I was there they would not let me get up out of bed even to go to the bathroom because of her heartrate. I was so irritated by it because I thought it was dumb that I had to use a bedpan but a few months later I knew a girl who went in to have her baby and the heartrate was unstable and they let her get up to go to the bathroom and when she came back there was no heartbeat. The baby had wrapped itself in the umbilical cord and died. I have never been more thankful for that nurse that would not let me  get up!

ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Haha! Yeah ... His birth WAS awesome!! Totally different from my first, thankfully!

The water helped IMMENSELY. I will forever birth in water, if I'm able. Totally worth every ounce of pain! =)

Quoting GibsonSD92:

Lol I'm reading your replay like.. She can't be talking about issak.. She had an awesome water birth last time!! Lol. I think you're always going to be my inspiration for a water birth with no epi.. ;)

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

Because my medwife tried to rush my labor. My baby didn't like that much, and went into distress.

Basically, one intervention led to another and voila ... CSECTION.

Ugh.

Thankfully, i was able to VBAC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)