Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Why did you have a c-section?

I had one cause my DD was breech and stayed that way my whole pregnancy. They would have had to break her hips if I tried to have her vaginally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Replies (21-30):
mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Why would they have had to break her hips?

DS was also a breech baby, but could not be delivered vaginally because he had nuchal cord syndrome. Nuchal cord syndrome is when the umbilical cord is wrapped around the baby's neck, which is why the doctor did not attempt to either turn my son or try for a vaginal delivery prior to deciding on doing the c-section.

nikki111125
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I never understood the point in hurrying birth. These people know it takes time (generally) and comes in steps.
Quoting ToriBabe1221:

Yep. Broke my water and dosed me up on PIT.

There are other ways to progress labor. She didn't offer anything.

She took advantage of my trust in her.

Nothing needed speeding up. She just wanted to go home.

Quoting nikki111125:

How did she try to rush it? With medicine?

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

Because my medwife tried to rush my labor. My baby didn't like that much, and went into distress.

Basically, one intervention led to another and voila ... CSECTION.

Ugh.

Thankfully, i was able to VBAC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carramber54
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I had a c-section because she got stuck in my birth canal at 8cm for 4 hours and she had way to much stress on her so c-section it was, but I swear why did it feel like my intestines were going to fall out each time I walked? 0.o

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:11 AM
It's ok. He's 5 1/2 now and as healthy and smart as can be. I think back to those moments, deciding what to do, whether to deliver him prematurely, etc. and I am thankful we made the choices we did. We have a wonderful, amazing child because of those choices. Without those choices, we would have had a funeral.

Quoting nikki111125:

Oh wow that is a frightening thought.

Quoting mom2ljh:

DS would have died in a vaginal birth. That's the cold, hard truth.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:12 AM
What? Really? :-( Why?

Quoting mom2ljh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki111125
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Wow I'm glad they caught that that is scary.

Her legs stayed tucked to her chest so when delivering her to get her legs out they would have broken her hips. Her legs stayed to her chest till she was 8 weeks old. I guess is was cause she stayed that way the whole time they were kind of like locked in place.

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Why would they have had to break her hips?

DS was also a breech baby, but could not be delivered vaginally because he had nuchal cord syndrome. Nuchal cord syndrome is when the umbilical cord is wrapped around the baby's neck, which is why the doctor did not attempt to either turn my son or try for a vaginal delivery prior to deciding on doing the c-section.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki111125
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Wow I am so happy everything worked out perfect.

Quoting mom2ljh:

It's ok. He's 5 1/2 now and as healthy and smart as can be. I think back to those moments, deciding what to do, whether to deliver him prematurely, etc. and I am thankful we made the choices we did. We have a wonderful, amazing child because of those choices. Without those choices, we would have had a funeral.

Quoting nikki111125:

Oh wow that is a frightening thought.

Quoting mom2ljh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I think most medical professionals think birth is something they can control. Hence a national csection rate over 30%.
It's frightening.
They lie to moms ALL THE TIME. I'm truely saddened by the maternity care in our country.

Quoting nikki111125:

I never understood the point in hurrying birth. These people know it takes time (generally) and comes in steps.
Quoting ToriBabe1221:

Quoting nikki111125:

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

Because my medwife tried to rush my labor. My baby didn't like that much, and went into distress.

Ugh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isleysmom
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I was violently ill and knew we were dying. I told the resident that and she responded with "you're not dying, you're in labor." Turns out I was correct. DD's heart rate dropped into the 30s and I was rushed in for the c-section. We had a rare infection called chorioamnioitis. It only happens in a low percentage of pregnancies world wide. 80% of moms and babies die. We were both fine in the end. But it was so scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki111125
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:15 AM
I agree 100%

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

I think most medical professionals think birth is something they can control. Hence a national csection rate over 30%.

It's frightening.

They lie to moms ALL THE TIME. I'm truely saddened by the maternity care in our country.

Quoting nikki111125:

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

Quoting nikki111125:

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

Ugh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)