Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Why did you have a c-section?

I had one cause my DD was breech and stayed that way my whole pregnancy. They would have had to break her hips if I tried to have her vaginally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
mom2aspclboy
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Glad she is okay now. 

Quoting nikki111125:

Wow I'm glad they caught that that is scary.

Her legs stayed tucked to her chest so when delivering her to get her legs out they would have broken her hips. Her legs stayed to her chest till she was 8 weeks old. I guess is was cause she stayed that way the whole time they were kind of like locked in place.

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Why would they have had to break her hips?

DS was also a breech baby, but could not be delivered vaginally because he had nuchal cord syndrome. Nuchal cord syndrome is when the umbilical cord is wrapped around the baby's neck, which is why the doctor did not attempt to either turn my son or try for a vaginal delivery prior to deciding on doing the c-section.

nikki111125
OMG the thoughts that must have went through your head. I am so glad you knew it and wasn't scared to say it.

Quoting isleysmom:

I was violently ill and knew we were dying. I told the resident that and she responded with "you're not dying, you're in labor." Turns out I was correct. DD's heart rate dropped into the 30s and I was rushed in for the c-section. We had a rare infection called chorioamnioitis. It only happens in a low percentage of pregnancies world wide. 80% of moms and babies die. We were both fine in the end. But it was so scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firefly63701

My dd was breech as well.  They told me they could try to turn her but there was only a 50% chance it would work.  It could also put both of us in distress.  i already had one baby born in distress and didnt want to take the chance of it happening again.

nikki111125
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Ty

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Glad she is okay now. 

Quoting nikki111125:

Wow I'm glad they caught that that is scary.

Her legs stayed tucked to her chest so when delivering her to get her legs out they would have broken her hips. Her legs stayed to her chest till she was 8 weeks old. I guess is was cause she stayed that way the whole time they were kind of like locked in place.

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Why would they have had to break her hips?

DS was also a breech baby, but could not be delivered vaginally because he had nuchal cord syndrome. Nuchal cord syndrome is when the umbilical cord is wrapped around the baby's neck, which is why the doctor did not attempt to either turn my son or try for a vaginal delivery prior to deciding on doing the c-section.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
His heart rate dipped to the 80s for no known reason (no contractions). I had gone to the hospital for abnormal abdominal discomfort. I didn't think I was in labor, something just wasn't right.
So they administered a fetal stress test and his heart rate dipped to 60 with the FIRST contraction, so week I couldn't even feel it.
With the doctor's guidance, DH and I opted to deliver him 6 weeks early via c-section. The doctors, and we, felt it would be better to treat what was known rather than to speculate. It turned out well for us, though he had a difficult infancy but is now a healthy, active kindergartener.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

What? Really? :-( Why?

Quoting mom2ljh:

DS would have died in a vaginal birth. That's the cold, hard truth.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalusbear
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I had one because at 42 wks preggo and after 4 days of labor (i was induced) DS started to get stressed out in there so I had an emergency c-section.

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I'm not sure it was perfect, lol. He had a very difficult infancy, likely due, in part, to his prematurity, but things have gone well once we made it past about 2. He is my super awesome buddy; always has been but especially now. :-)

Quoting nikki111125:

Wow I am so happy everything worked out perfect.

Quoting mom2ljh:

It's ok. He's 5 1/2 now and as healthy and smart as can be. I think back to those moments, deciding what to do, whether to deliver him prematurely, etc. and I am thankful we made the choices we did. We have a wonderful, amazing child because of those choices. Without those choices, we would have had a funeral.

Quoting nikki111125:

Oh wow that is a frightening thought.

Quoting mom2ljh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:22 AM

1st child was actually stuck in my pelvis and sunny side up.  His head is so big at 8 he had to have an adult sized helmet for football.  His head is off the charts and when he was younger they did many tests worried about why it was so big.....then 2 vbacs and then my 4th was because of severe pre-e

nikki111125
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Sorry I meant perfect as in he is healthy. That it didn't turn into major health problems. Sorry I wasn't dismissing the struggles I'm sure there was.

Quoting mom2ljh:

I'm not sure it was perfect, lol. He had a very difficult infancy, likely due, in part, to his prematurity, but things have gone well once we made it past about 2. He is my super awesome buddy; always has been but especially now. :-)

Quoting nikki111125:

Wow I am so happy everything worked out perfect.

Quoting mom2ljh:

It's ok. He's 5 1/2 now and as healthy and smart as can be. I think back to those moments, deciding what to do, whether to deliver him prematurely, etc. and I am thankful we made the choices we did. We have a wonderful, amazing child because of those choices. Without those choices, we would have had a funeral.

Quoting nikki111125:

Oh wow that is a frightening thought.

Quoting mom2ljh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki111125
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Did they find out why? Is it just naturally big?

Quoting erinsmom1964:

1st child was actually stuck in my pelvis and sunny side up.  His head is so big at 8 he had to have an adult sized helmet for football.  His head is off the charts and when he was younger they did many tests worried about why it was so big.....then 2 vbacs and then my 4th was because of severe pre-e

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN