Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How many years are between your LOs? (Poll included)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 104 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you feel a comfortable age difference between siblings are?

Options:

less than 18 months

18 months to 2.5 years

3 to 5 years

5 to 8 years

Age difference doesn't matter

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 187

View Results

As I was  online last night, I came across a great question. What do you feel is a comfortable age difference between siblings? The most popular answer was 18 months to 2.5 years apart. In my opinion, I believe that the closer in age the children are the better, however, I was 9 years apart from my youngest brother and 8 years apart from my middle brother. So I never had the close in age sibling. I think that the age difference between us doesn't change anything, if anything it has helped me and my youngest brother. If he needs advice and doesn't feel comfortable talking to our parents, he will talk to me. I feel that it is best for him because he can still get an adult opinion without feeling embarrassed or feel that he is being judged. BTW, youngest brother is 14 and I am 23.

DF and I are TTC baby #2 and our children will be almost three years apart.   :D

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shygurl3166
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM
My first son and second are 5 yrs apart almost exactly. I love it :). It allowed me to devote all my attention to ds1, then do the same to ds2 during the school day. My ds2 and baby 3 will be 3 yrs apart. (Almost exacty) I would never go closer than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OrientalLily
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest is 8 yrs older than her brother. I was a teenage (19) mother with her, and then had my son when I was 27.
OrientalLily
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM
It has been great having them so far apart. My dd is a huge help with ds.
Jessy613
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM

3 years and 9 months

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I will have my 2nd Jan 16th and my dd will be 6 Feb 19th. So they are 5 yrs and 11 months apart. We were shooting for 4-5 years apart. We didn't want 2 in daycare, 2 in diapers, etc. We both work f/t and wanted plenty of time with each child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SerenityBerry
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM

7 years Between the oldest and the other two

9 minutes Between the twins

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Mine are three years apart. It makes things difficult at times, especially when did was a newborn, but it works for us. I think 2-3 years would be ideal. It gives your body time to heal and a couple if years with just one child before adding another.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM

My kids are 17(almost 18) and 5.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I wanted my kids 2-3 years apart. Instead, they're 4.5 and that's fine. He's an amazing big brother, he loves playing with his baby sister, helping with her, making her laugh...If I were to have more kids, I think ideally they would be 2-3 years apart, again that's not going to happen. It would be closer to 3-4 years. Which is fine. It's working now.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Mine are 4 1/2 years apart (almost to the day). I loved being totally there for DS and giving him all of our attention. When DD came along, DS was in pre-k all day so she had me all to herself too. I also like that we'll only be paying one college tuition at a time, granted, it'll be 8 years in a row!

My cousin's kids are 11 months apart and were raised as and looked upon as twins. Her oldest was held back in school so they were in the same classes. They're very close, which is great, but I feel like they never had individual attention. JMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN