Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How many years are between your LOs? (Poll included)

Poll

Question: What do you feel a comfortable age difference between siblings are?

Options:

less than 18 months

18 months to 2.5 years

3 to 5 years

5 to 8 years

Age difference doesn't matter

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 187

View Results

As I was  online last night, I came across a great question. What do you feel is a comfortable age difference between siblings? The most popular answer was 18 months to 2.5 years apart. In my opinion, I believe that the closer in age the children are the better, however, I was 9 years apart from my youngest brother and 8 years apart from my middle brother. So I never had the close in age sibling. I think that the age difference between us doesn't change anything, if anything it has helped me and my youngest brother. If he needs advice and doesn't feel comfortable talking to our parents, he will talk to me. I feel that it is best for him because he can still get an adult opinion without feeling embarrassed or feel that he is being judged. BTW, youngest brother is 14 and I am 23.

DF and I are TTC baby #2 and our children will be almost three years apart.   :D

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Replies (101-104):
celestegood
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Mine are five years eight months, five years nine months, then two years three months apart. I prefer five years apart so if I had one more I would wait until my youngest is at least four to ttc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ccmvm
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

2yrs 5m 14 days

vinalex0581
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

at first i thought children should be close in age, even though my 2 sons are 7 years apart (not my choice, they have different fathers).

i think that they should be close in age so that they could be close when they get older but after reading your post i have a change of opinion.

so i voted age difference doesn't matter.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

dingysfamily
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Our kids are: 43, 41, 40, 38 & 23 .... now having said that, I only actually gave birth to two of them.  My two bio kids are the 41 year old and the 23 year old.  In my opinion, the difference between difference doesn't matter.  The older ones loved that younger one & helped spoil her; especially that oldest brother (my other natural born), he is still very protective of her to this very day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)