Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How many years are between your LOs? (Poll included)

Poll

Question: What do you feel a comfortable age difference between siblings are?

Options:

less than 18 months

18 months to 2.5 years

3 to 5 years

5 to 8 years

Age difference doesn't matter

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 187

View Results

As I was  online last night, I came across a great question. What do you feel is a comfortable age difference between siblings? The most popular answer was 18 months to 2.5 years apart. In my opinion, I believe that the closer in age the children are the better, however, I was 9 years apart from my youngest brother and 8 years apart from my middle brother. So I never had the close in age sibling. I think that the age difference between us doesn't change anything, if anything it has helped me and my youngest brother. If he needs advice and doesn't feel comfortable talking to our parents, he will talk to me. I feel that it is best for him because he can still get an adult opinion without feeling embarrassed or feel that he is being judged. BTW, youngest brother is 14 and I am 23.

DF and I are TTC baby #2 and our children will be almost three years apart.   :D

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Mine where born two years and one month apart. We wanted them close together. Hubby and his sister are close and they are four years apart so we wanted ours to be two to four years apart. My older sister ( we share the same father ) is 49, I am 25, and my younger brother ( we share the same mother ) is 15. So I don't know my sister at all and I hardly know my brother as he was only seven when I moved out and to another state. 

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM

My two are 23.5 months apart. Dd is Jan 24th (she'll be 7) and ds is July 6th (he'll be 5). We wanted them 2.5-3 years apart and that's what we got. :)

mewebb82
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I always wanted my kids to be less than 2 years apart. It didn't work out that way though and I've found I like the gap more. My kids are 12, 6, and 3 1/2 weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lenabeana87
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM

12 years i am 25 hes 37

supermomz25
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM

my older two are 18mos apart and are 8 and 6 years older than my youngest. within three years we would like to have one more.

LucyMom08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Mine are 23 months apart...I love the age difference...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvingMy3Girls
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:26 PM
My girls are all 5 years apart. I have a 14dd, 9dd and 3dd. I like the spacing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM

My first and second are 22 months apart. It is a GREAT age difference. They are 4 &5 (almost 6) and as I type are on the floor playing cars together. I am pregnant and my kids will be 5 and 4.5 when baby is born. Not at all ideal but we have had 3 miscarriages since our daughters birth. I do see benefits to the spacing but it isn't what I wanted.

mommytam
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I say 3-5. My first two both boys are 14 month apart. And how I handled it fine, I did enjoy when my dd was born and there is a 4 year differance between her and my youngest son. Which was nicen cause I only had dd in diapers and the other 2 where old enough to understand to be gentle and how to care for baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Mine are almost exactly six years apart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN