Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How many years are between your LOs? (Poll included)

Poll

Question: What do you feel a comfortable age difference between siblings are?

Options:

less than 18 months

18 months to 2.5 years

3 to 5 years

5 to 8 years

Age difference doesn't matter

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 187

View Results

As I was  online last night, I came across a great question. What do you feel is a comfortable age difference between siblings? The most popular answer was 18 months to 2.5 years apart. In my opinion, I believe that the closer in age the children are the better, however, I was 9 years apart from my youngest brother and 8 years apart from my middle brother. So I never had the close in age sibling. I think that the age difference between us doesn't change anything, if anything it has helped me and my youngest brother. If he needs advice and doesn't feel comfortable talking to our parents, he will talk to me. I feel that it is best for him because he can still get an adult opinion without feeling embarrassed or feel that he is being judged. BTW, youngest brother is 14 and I am 23.

DF and I are TTC baby #2 and our children will be almost three years apart.   :D

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
QueenBee107
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM
My first and second are 21 months apart and my 2nd and 3rd are 2 1/2 yrs apart. I liked both ages and it was hard at times when they were little but now they are 11, 9 and almost 7 I like that I am not carrying around a baby anymore and they can do their own thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:46 PM
4 yrs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

my boys are 4 1/2 years apart and i think that is PERFECT!! Right now they are 6 1/2 & 2.

I am the oldest of 3. I am 2 1/2 years older then my sister & 6 1/2 years older then my brother and i am very very close to both :D

Doc.Mc.Lissa
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM

My daughters will be 5 1/2 years apart. Our youngest isn't due until April, so I don't know how it will work out but I have high hopes! I'm closer to my brother who is 6 years older then me, then I am my brother who is 11 months older. I think it really just depends on the family.

QueenBee107
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Also I had my kids close in part because I was an only child for 10 yr then my brother was born. Because my brother was born mentally handicap he wasn't like a normal kid. My sister was born when I was 16. I wanted my kids to be closer in age then I was to my siblings.

Quoting QueenBee107:

My first and second are 21 months apart and my 2nd and 3rd are 2 1/2 yrs apart. I liked both ages and it was hard at times when they were little but now they are 11, 9 and almost 7 I like that I am not carrying around a baby anymore and they can do their own thing.

dlock25
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM
This, my youngest was conceived when my oldest got the acceptance letter for per-school at the local school.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I will have my 2nd Jan 16th and my dd will be 6 Feb 19th. So they are 5 yrs and 11 months apart. We were shooting for 4-5 years apart. We didn't want 2 in daycare, 2 in diapers, etc. We both work f/t and wanted plenty of time with each child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkradio193
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM

19 months

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

MommyLehr
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:56 PM
My girls are almost exactly 2 years apart... They are best friends. I love it!
Rileyscute
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM

My kids are 21, and 9 year old twins..weirdly..a non issue at all

Angelanscalf89
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:59 PM
My sibling closest in age is 14 months younger weve never really gotten along at all Im closest with my sister whos 8 years younger. Im the oldest at 23 youngest is 4. My kids are 19 months apart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)