Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I remember CafeMom 5+ years ago...

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM
  • 80 Replies
20 moms liked this
And it wasn't like this. Many of you joined well after that, but I joined when my sister (who long since left the site for reasons I'm about to cite) recommended it. I registered and I'd ask a question about my pregnancy and I'd get responses and advice, knowledge about the do's and don'ts. Never any bashing over the choices I made or the situation I was in, just support.

There are women on here who are different, not everyone made the same choices in life and not everyone got dealt a fortunate hand. It bothers me to see those who enjoy good fortune and success bash those who do not. That's not the point of this site.

If you love this site like I do and want to return it to its roots of a site full of support, when someone mentions being on PA, don't bash them; you've not walked in their shoes. You have no idea what her life is like. She well may be a moocher, but it's more likely she's in need of the help and your just kicking someone when they're down.

If someone mentions their tax refund, don't bash them for getting CTC or EIC. They well may be limiting their income or otherwise cheating the system to get the max EIC but its more likely you're bashing someone who makes so little throughout the year that they scrape every penny to keep the lights on and they can finally get things they could not otherwise dream of affording.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you. If you see a bully this year, defend the OP. It should be a conversation not a dogpile on OP.

If you are a basher, stop and think if that's how you would treat someone IRL; if you wouldn't do it IRL, don't do it here.

Ok PSA over. Bump if you agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asistartomosh
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Bump!i agree, i have been here since 2007. the bitterness has been amped up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mynewlife2012
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM
4 moms liked this
I remember that as well ... I also remember the games we could play on each others pages it was fun
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I agree with you. I've been here since 2007.

singlemom1208
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Bump. I wasn't on that long ago
proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I miss the old cm. People were nicer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
It was so much better 5yrs ago now its just awful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lakens_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I've been here since 2007 and I agree =)
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I think there was still some issues but definitely not NEAR the nastiness that people get today.
momma2mms
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM

It has changed so much!

aimlee
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:29 AM

bump.. I didnt know cm back then..wish I had

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)