Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Nook Recs

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 11 Replies
I got a Nook as a Christmas gift and I'm finding out it's definitely more an e-reader than a tablet. I'm not a big reader, so I needs some recs on good books to download.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmp1279
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM

what do u like to read?

Im_Nadda
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I love the free games stuff N use it for facebook. Don't use it to read. Maybe later.

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM

My favorite author is Jodi Picoult, I've downloaded every book she's written.  I'd recommend any of them.

christina0607
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Did you read songs of the humpback? I've read all her books to date, and I enjoy them. They are certainly light reading. Except I couldn't get into songs of the Humpback. I read the first few chapters and gave up. However I'm wondering if it's worth getting back into, or at least trying again?

Quoting Arwyn724:

My favorite author is Jodi Picoult, I've downloaded every book she's written.  I'd recommend any of them.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM

That one is my least favorite of them all.  I did finish it, and it was sorta ok. but if you never go back to it, you aren't missing much.  I am to ocd about books to not finish one, like it or not, but that is my curse in life.  I can't even put down a terrible book, so I try to know I'll really like it before I start.

Quoting christina0607:

Did you read songs of the humpback? I've read all her books to date, and I enjoy them. They are certainly light reading. Except I couldn't get into songs of the Humpback. I read the first few chapters and gave up. However I'm wondering if it's worth getting back into, or at least trying again?

Quoting Arwyn724:

christina0607
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I didn't care for her style of writing with that one. Each person was telling the story from a different place in the events of what happened. It leaves the reader dazed and confused. then on top of that, it didn't seem to be going anywhere.

I probably won't even bother. I always have about 30 books ready to be read, that I have no problem putting down an awful one to get to a great one. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

That one is my least favorite of them all.  I did finish it, and it was sorta ok. but if you never go back to it, you aren't missing much.  I am to ocd about books to not finish one, like it or not, but that is my curse in life.  I can't even put down a terrible book, so I try to know I'll really like it before I start.

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting Arwyn724:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Texasgal99
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Mine doesn't have game or fb apps. That's why I'm realizing it's more an ereader, unless I use the web.

Quoting Im_Nadda:

I love the free games stuff N use it for facebook. Don't use it to read. Maybe later.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AMBG825
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Depends on what your taste in books are. I tend to prefer dystopian fiction. I highly recommend Hater or Dog Blood by David Moody. (Dog Blood is part 2 of that series.) One Second After by William Forstein is amazing.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Download apps theres lots of free ones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN