Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How can I avoid DD getting sick. Update!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 18 Replies
I know is a dumb question but I'm going to visit mom and they have the flu there. My niece has a ear and throat infection.(she is taking antibiotics for 2 days now) but the adults from my understanding have the flu. Dd started to cry as soon as I said we are not going and I don't want to be that paranoid parent again. For the first 3 years of her life I avoided taking her places for fear of getting sick. However she got fevers/ virus/ febrile convulsions 3 times. So shielding her didn't help.

Well I took dd and she didn't get sick,thanks God.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I wouldn't go, not if they have the flu
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I dont know. I wouldnt visit people that are sick, whether i had kids or not.

My daughter would just have to cry.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I would re-schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Yup  Just let her cry and explain how we do not visit when someone is sick unless we are going to take care of them.  No one will be in the mood to play.

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I wouldn't go.
kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Oh trust me these kids have energy to play. I don't know how they do it but even sick they play lol.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yup  Just let her cry and explain how we do not visit when someone is sick unless we are going to take care of them.  No one will be in the mood to play.

QueenBee107
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:58 PM
With the flu I would be passing on the visit. That is how you keep your kid from getting sick. Sorry if she is upset and crying but she will be crying a whole lot more if she got real sick with the flu. I don't play with the flu and I am not one to panic at being sick. This isn't just a cold they have.
KMAsMommy9182
by Toujours Raison on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM

An ear infection is one thing, I would still let her go play. With the flu though, I would not take any chances.

mamalusbear
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I'd skip the visit....have you explained to her that they don't feel well?  DH, DS and I are all sick with the flu right now and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.....

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont know becuase it doesnt matter what I do my kids get sick lol. I believe it really doesnt matter what you do becuase get sick lol.

My ped always says it thier bodys job to get sick so they can  build ammunity to things lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)