Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help!! My DH is Becoming Abusive!!!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 62 Replies

Before anyone calls me stupid for marrying him read the story first!!

We have been together for over 2 years now. Normally we have a great relationship, yes we do argue but nothing extreme. However 3 months ago our daughter was born sleeping at 32 weeks. I believe it may have something to do with that. Since she passed away we have actually became closer until 6 days ago. All of a sudden we can't even be in the same room together without screaming at each other. He is constantly making low blows ( Telling me I am good for nothing etc). He has begun throwing stuff when we argue I try to lock myself in the bathroom and he picks the lock to get to me. He screams in my face and the other day he grabbed a box out of my hand and ripped a chunk of flesh out of my finger (he apologized). Today he got angry and literally tackled me into the futon couch's metal bars and left bruises all over my back. Just so you know the argument are normally about stupid things like who left a light on etc. 

I want to get us help but I am scared. I told him to leave and go to his parents house until we can see a counselor. Am I doing the right thing? My heart is breaking! Please help!!! Should I leave? I truly love this man. 

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ktina11
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM
3 moms liked this
I definitely think you need a break. People grieve differently and space will allow both of you to deal with your emotions. Dh and I had only been married for 4 minths when our dd was born tragically suffering severe brain damage and eventual death. It was horrible. We went through some rough times and said hurtful things to one another all in dealing with the grief we each felt. I wouldn't say leave him...but I encourage you to get some space.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Homeschoolmom99
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM
5 moms liked this

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Every donation to The Hotline helps ensure someone is available to answer the most important call of a victim’s life. We value your support.

www.thehotline.org - Cached

MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Im sorry about your baby. I agree you need to leave and not go back until he goes to counseling.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM
You should seek counseling together. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
MommyLehr
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM
You are definitely doing the right thing! I'm sorry for the loss if your daughter!
Mrs.Morgan
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM
yes you need to get some help a church domestic accuse, a few nights in jail for him., im the type of Person that will hit back. I won't put up with that crap. I did for to long.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I am thinking definitely counseling since the grief could be what is turning him into such a monster.  Depression can have a very violent side.   If he wont get any help, you need to leave and then meanwhile go to counseling for yourself if you havent already. A neutral 3rd party is a great way to talk about things you are otherwise embarrassed to admit.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM
you are doing the right thing. he needs help. it is not a time to make rash decisions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aivlys_
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for the loss of your baby. Yes you both need counseling. I think he is angry and sad and he is taking off on you. You need to be away from him at this time, this situation is Toxic. Best wishes!
Kat31
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM
My ex-husband changed immensely after the death of our daughter, eventually becoming physically abusive even after counseling and being in a treatment center. If you want to talk more you can pm me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)