Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

DISNEY WORLD ADVICE

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 35 Replies

Ok So I just booked our 1st Family Vaca to Disney!! We're going March 22-29!!! I'm sooo nervous financially and excited for my son that I'm about ready to puke!!!!

Sooo  The resort (Pop Century), w/ a 5day park hopper and dining plan is booked! NOW WHAT?!?!

I need to reserve some character dining for sure! Any Reccomendations?  Also what else should I do or RESERVE here from home before we go!?

Any Advice or Suggestions is more then welcome :) Thanks!

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:18 PM

For march really a lot of the good things will be booked by now. Did u do the dining plan...

pinkjimmies06
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Reserve dining now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FostrMom1
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Yes I said the dining plan was booked! Well I'm just hoping for the best, thank you!

Jessy613
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck, you guys are going to have a blast!

WendyJR
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Check about a disney moms group on here. They would have a better idea. Gl! Have fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Reserve dining ASAP! And if you don't what you want, keep calling back. If you PM me your email, I can send you a Word document that I've assembled over the years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Do they offer the option where you can ride the rides after the park closes or go in early if you meet certain criteria ? check into that. I would only book 1 character breakfast or meal. That way its a big wow not just oh another character dinner.  When you go to the park go LEFT. most people go right. Leave the park early in the afternoon. Go back to hotel swim/nap have early dinner then return to park when the majority leaves for dinner. Read Fodor's travel book. It was very helpful.

Aandie
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never done the character dining but friends and family have done the one in animal kingdom. We only live about 30 minutes from Disney so we have never stayed at the resorts. Your kids will have fun regardless if you plan or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Chef mickeys for sure. If you have a little girl, we love the Happily Ever After at 1900 Park fare. I loved that WAY MORE than dining at the castle. (And the food is AWESOME)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM
There's a buffet called chef Mickey. Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Pluto are there and all 5 will make it go your table :-). You can buy autograph books there, or bring your own. They also have pin trading. They have starter necklaces and workers will stop you to let the kids trade with them. My girls loved it! The safari at animal kingdom was awesome! We went early and all the animals were out. Giraffes caused a traffic jam because they wouldnt move off the road.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)