Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how did you know when you were done having babies

Posted by   + Show Post

I knew for sure this last Friday when I went to the mall with my friend who has a 2 week old son, a 1 1/2 yr old daughter, and my 3 yrs old DS, and 5 yr old DD, it was crazy! I would never ever do that again lol and I also watched my 3 month old niece for the first time today and had to get all 3 ready for church and myself within an hr and a half, I though I had plenty of time.. haha, we were only 15 minutes late but I was so tired by the time I got to church I needed a nap lol

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
alibrezzy154
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:30 AM

i wanted one boy and one girl i got what i wanted dh has his three boys before we got together i'm done. dh keeps bringing up he wants a third... ummm no. 

tiarra7022
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:38 AM

We knew we wanted one more and after the hormone rollercoaster this time we are for sure we are done.

MomofSCMJJA
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:39 AM
2 moms liked this

People were always asking us "When are you going to quit?"  We knew that we would know when it was time to quit.   The day I found out I was pregnant with our last, I told my husband that this was it, the last one.  I don't think he really believed that I wanted to quit until a couple of months later when I came home from the doctor's and told him that I had signed all of the papers to have my tubes tied. 

Right up until our last was born, it always felt like someone was missing around the dining room table.  Once Anthony was born, we never felt like that again.

Although I will say, if I had really understood what they would be like at the teenage end, there might not have been so many of them at the baby end.

kandi2100
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:49 AM

well ive got two girls a boy and a step daughter im def done im going to get my essure done tomm at 5:15 and omg im soooo nervous

CheyJacksMom
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM
We talked about 2
and after one (came out with the cord around her neck and had breathing problems) then a tubal preg and then finally a 2nd(was a c-section cuz he was cricked) we were done. We got our girl and our boy and with their personalities they are more than enough
Jessica198027
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:52 AM

After my daughter. i had 2 sons before her. The last 3 yrs before her birth. I wanted a girl and had my tubes tied after she was born. That was all she wrote for me. Surprised I did not get pg sooner. I had been off birth control for 2 yrs before I found out I was pg. State would not pay for it anymore and neither of us could find a job and boys were to young for school yet, so I could not get a job because I had not one to watch boys and could not pay for daycare and state would not pay for 2 kids 2 go to daycare only one and still needed someone to watch the other kid and state would not pay unless u had a job not if u were looking for one, so we were not really trying for her but she happened and glad she did but still hard to find a job that will work with me on the hours I can work and the time that I need to be n and the time I need to leave to be home when my younger 2 get home because oldest gets home almost 2 hrs after them and dad gets home after 6pm and they cannot be alone that long.

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:02 AM
I still don't know!!! Haha well for now yes mine are 14. , 12, and 4... But of dh wanted to I would. I love kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MochaBerry24
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:32 AM

I'm pregnant with my first. I really want a boy and a girl. If i end up with two boys I am definitly trying for a girl. If i get two girls...I'm not sure. 

shortycmlb
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Dh and I are the same. We'd like 4, 5 is pushing it but still doable. 

Quoting amandaeastman:

We talked about it. 4 for sure 5 is pushing it but if we get that far we are def done after 5.

ElizabethGracie
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:59 AM

I'm pregnant with #2 right now..dh wants six and I want four...but I'm already 26 and I don't want to be having babies when I'm 40,nor do I want back to back pregnancies..so I don't know how many we'll end up with.

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN