Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how did you know when you were done having babies

Posted by   + Show Post

I knew for sure this last Friday when I went to the mall with my friend who has a 2 week old son, a 1 1/2 yr old daughter, and my 3 yrs old DS, and 5 yr old DD, it was crazy! I would never ever do that again lol and I also watched my 3 month old niece for the first time today and had to get all 3 ready for church and myself within an hr and a half, I though I had plenty of time.. haha, we were only 15 minutes late but I was so tired by the time I got to church I needed a nap lol

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (261-270):
flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM

not done yet! I want at least 2 or 3 more.

happymotherof6
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM

well 4 is a geat number i think that is a large family. congratulations on having 4.

I just do not understand when people are well off financially and completely healthy and stop at 1 or 2 but I'm nobody to judge I just love children so much they bring joy and compliment a happy marriage and just the whole preganacy thing is soooo exciting:) if I could not have kids I would become a pre K teacher because I love being around kids it is the most enjoyable and happy job ever.

I wish my husband will open up to number 7 LOL

Quoting TexaBamaBaby:

I would've had more if I'd been strong enough physically. Also found out our little ones have the risk of a swallowing disorder that prevents breast or even bottle feeding for many months. :( We didn't know about it until our first one was born with it and even then we thought it was a fluke. Our fourth had it too, so I guess the chances are actually 50/50 of our offspring having it. (All four rugrats and are healthy and happy now, THANK GOD!)

Would loved to have been able to keep going! More power to ya, mama! :)

Quoting happymotherof6:

I actually will never be done, LOL I love all of the action and work. it is work but work that I enjoy and my patience is very rare.

blessaspen
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I have only one. My body told me I was done.

Zanymomof3
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Go for it!! Little girls are so much fun. I'm pregnant with my 3rd right now and I'm 37! My first was born when I was 34, my second when I was 35. You are so lucky to have the time ( age wise) to have more!! If I were a little bit younger I think I would have a fourth! I still might, who knows!

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

I can't decide. I have two boys and would love a girl, but I love the way we fit in our house, I love my jeep, I don't want one RIGHT now and I'm already 30, don't know if I want a 3rd csection...but I also can't get rid of my baby stuff or maternity clothes yet either. Sighhhhh. It's a hard decision to make especially when we can afford so many more.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM

When I got my tubes tied after my fourth:)  However, I would have had several more just got to old.  I just had my fourth 6 days shy of my 40th birthday. 

karabearblu
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I have two and i think i am done but Im about 80% sure right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hazel-roo
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I have the one daughter who just turned 1..  Husband wants a son, but the pregnancy was so hard on me that I'd rather not.  I'm done. Lol

myfunniebones
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Well i had to bad pregnancy was sick all nine months til they were born. I had alot of problems with pregnancy i had a boy and girl each. After my daughter was born i said no more i couldn't handle being soooo sick all nine months and i really didn't enjoy it at all. I love kids and i wanted 4 of them. But now that i have remarried to my second hubby he has 4 lol. So that makes six. Which i am fine i with that. All kids are grown up now and having kids. We are now enjoying being grandparents. 

At times i wish i had more but i am ok with it cause i have my husband kids that fills that gap. So i feel for ya. And to know when it has to be your gut feeling and emotions. Always follow your heart on this. 

lazyd
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I had my boy and girl and i knew i couldnt afford any more.   Even if i had two girls, i wasnt goin to try for a third child and it be another girl, so we would have quit even than to.

mary8801
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM

When your number of eggs isn't like it used to be. :) We have been trying to get pregnant since 2006 we did the Clomid and various other things but no such luck. I thank God for my daughters and my grand daughter but just yesterday we were at the park and there was this baby and my husband and I both had the same thought almost. I can see it in his eyes sometimes but I can see your point too. It's alot of work ,but for me I enjoyed it. I still enjoy it of course but a 4 y.o. and 11 y.o. don't need as much as a baby. So I guess I can relate. Frees your time up a bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN