Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how did you know when you were done having babies

Posted by   + Show Post

I knew for sure this last Friday when I went to the mall with my friend who has a 2 week old son, a 1 1/2 yr old daughter, and my 3 yrs old DS, and 5 yr old DD, it was crazy! I would never ever do that again lol and I also watched my 3 month old niece for the first time today and had to get all 3 ready for church and myself within an hr and a half, I though I had plenty of time.. haha, we were only 15 minutes late but I was so tired by the time I got to church I needed a nap lol

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (281-289):
mommytam
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Well after I had my dd 2 years ago. Dh and I decided no more. We have 3. 2 boys and dd. We are happy with this. Well my niece stays with us and just had a baby boy. And boy am I glad I don't have to do that nb stuff any more. So done having kids. - enjoy mine being 2,6 and 7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Originally I always wanted 4-5. Since I had DD (my second) I thought, "No. I'm done."

I'm happy. I've got one for each hand. My self esteem drops horribly post-birth, BFing is definitely NOT what I expected. I just...idk. I don't want anymore. DH wanted two of his own (along with my son), but now he says, "We have our boy, we got our girl. I'm happy." I even said that I didn't know if he wanted to try for a boy of 'his own' and he said, "I already have one. I haven't used the word 'stepson' or 'stepfather' in months." and that was when I knew-we are definitely done. We are both happy with what we have and don't feel the need to keep going. If something happens and another baby comes, of course we would be overjoyed, but we won't be trying and I think when he gets back from Afgh he might get snipped.

haydsmom2007
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Quoting eleni1010:

i have a son who is 4 and a daughter who is 2. i was done when i gave birth to my son. we had an oops and now we have our daughter and i really was done with number one! lol girls are so... argh. but i love her and my son. we are being super careful not to have a third oops cuz I'll definitely go nuts if i have to go through pregnancy again. omg and those sleepless nights of newborns.. i can't i'll end up institutionalized!! i physically don't handle lack of sleep well. i'm still struggling with it!

yupp.... those first few months with my son... the colic and endless crying, the sleepless nights... I swore to myself i'd never have another baby. I love him to death, but sorry little dude you are not getting a little brother or sister. Lol.

socialmom3
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I have 4 children (11,7,3,1) boy, girl, boy, girl... Hubby wants just 1 more but I am about to turn 35 and literally do not know if I can handle anymore pregnancies, epidural needles, lack of sleep, schedules and appointments, laundry for 6, etc... I am so very thankful for all of my children, but I wish I could give each one of them more individual time. I am spread so thin as it is. I didn't really think about how it would feel to them for me to have more children. I struggle with the thought of having another sometimes because I was the 5th child and the year I was born my mom and dad divorced... I have always felt very fortunate to be here. I ask myself if I may be short-changing the possibility of another life to be created or am I finally putting my other 4 children's needs first? Ugh... Decisions, decisions... I welcome replies...

Jebekarue
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:39 AM

We have a boy almost 17 and a girl 14, dh had a vasectomy when dd was 7 months old.  We never really discussed how many kids we wanted, at the time 2 just felt right.  Havn't had an urge to want anymore.  When we went in for the consult we were in our late 20's and the dr was trying to talk us out of it and he said well "what if something happens to one of them?"  I looked at him and said IF something happens to one of them, that child CANNOT be replaced by having another child, and having another child just would not fill the void in my heart.  Of course that is just my opinion and I am sure people are out there that would want to have more kids if something happened to one of them.  I am kinda glad we went ahead and had it done because when our daughter was just over a year old I was diagnosed with hyperthyoid/Graves disease and I was on all kinds of medications trying to get my system leveled out.  I would hate to think of the damage that could have been done had I gotten pregnant in those 2 years or if the child would be born with thyroid problems and the issues it would have.  But what works for one family doesn't work for everyone.  I hope that whatever you choose is the right decision for your family.  (I have 4 siblings, I am the youngest)(dh is the oldest of 3).  Honestly I don't know how people can afford to have more than one or 2. 

IndianaWynette
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:30 AM

After 5 girls and a boy I started having miscarriages and 2 yrs later got uterin cancer so I had no choice but to be done or I would have had a couple more. Kids are one of Gods greatest gifts.

Shellbeth53
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:39 AM

I have 8 children. After I had to be induced with my last baby. My husband and I decided to not have anymore children. He wanted me to keep my health. And didn't want me to risk having anymore. Since I had such a hard time with my last baby. I don't regret having my tubes tied. I can now enjoy them as they grow up and also take time for myself.

LucasMommy75
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:02 AM
When my third was an "oops" and it was a high risk pregnancy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HOTMOMMY2
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I have to agree with the married part.  My Granny told me to NEVER get married to just shack up she was in her 90's and I really didn't listen to her. I guess I should have listened!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN