Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how did you know when you were done having babies

Posted by   + Show Post

I knew for sure this last Friday when I went to the mall with my friend who has a 2 week old son, a 1 1/2 yr old daughter, and my 3 yrs old DS, and 5 yr old DD, it was crazy! I would never ever do that again lol and I also watched my 3 month old niece for the first time today and had to get all 3 ready for church and myself within an hr and a half, I though I had plenty of time.. haha, we were only 15 minutes late but I was so tired by the time I got to church I needed a nap lol

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
jenzachsam
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I knew when my uterus was running down the street when people asked me about baby #5.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:45 AM

i knew from the time i was a little girl.  2 kids... B/G

well that is exactly what happened.

i had a Boy and then a Girl and my tubes were snipped, singed, and knotted with a pretty little bow

my DH knew this when before we got married. 

wickedfiress
by SmthngWkdThsWayComes on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:51 AM

I have been pregnant 3 times, but only have 2 children.

Our second was a complicated pregnancy and was born prematurely and had lots of health issues at birth, and then I lost our 3rd at 15 weeks...  we had enough. My husband got a vasectomy.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

WillVon
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:55 AM
I have one and I'm done. I got pregnant again last month but I lost it. Sure I wonder but I don't think I could handle 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brendens_mommy
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:01 AM

when my son (only child) was born early due to my uterus not being baby friendly. Drs said i would not be as lucky the next time

your_angel
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:10 AM
I'm expecting #2 in may and feel like I could do one more 3 years from now. However once she gets here I wonder if ill change my mind
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:16 AM

when i was in the hospital for almost a month and almost died after having my ds I knew I was done. It took me forever to recover from that and i don't know that i could survive another one.

MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:19 AM
I knew when I hemorrhaged right after my dd was born. I was on blood thinners and insulin as well, ill never go through that again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:20 AM

We actually thought that we were done at 2 but we decided to try again for a 3rd child.  It only took us 10 years to get pregnant again. (sarcasm inserted there!)  We now have 4 children and decided no more after I turned 35 years old.  At 43 yo now my body could not handle a pregnancy. 

Bek22
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM
I was 22 with the 1st and 38 with the 4th, who is only 8 months. My husband and I have always been the "younger parents" with the oldest 2. When the younger 2 are teens we will definitely be the "older" ones. My husband is 42 and not only that, this last pregnancy put me in the hospital at 30 weeks. It was torture being away from my family and the kids had a difficult time as well. If I were younger I could have 1 or 2 more, but it's just so risky after what I went through with this one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)