Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how did you know when you were done having babies

Posted by   + Show Post

I knew for sure this last Friday when I went to the mall with my friend who has a 2 week old son, a 1 1/2 yr old daughter, and my 3 yrs old DS, and 5 yr old DD, it was crazy! I would never ever do that again lol and I also watched my 3 month old niece for the first time today and had to get all 3 ready for church and myself within an hr and a half, I though I had plenty of time.. haha, we were only 15 minutes late but I was so tired by the time I got to church I needed a nap lol

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
bloomsr
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM
3 kids in 4 years... Um, yeah. I think I'm good for now. A lot of my friends are pregnant with their first child and, although I get nostalgic sometimes, I look forward to sleeping, spending one on one time with my husband, and having enough energy for my kids. Our youngest (11 months old) is intense. If he was an "easy baby" I may have wanted another- but the idea of another year or more with still waking 5+ times a night is too much to handle for now.

We haven't taken any permanent measures of bc, though. So who knows what the future holds:)
goodmama85
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:03 AM
I have 3 kids.thinking about a 4th down the road when my youngest is about 3.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Am done I have 2 girls 1 boy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:11 AM
2 moms liked this

We married young and left the decision to consider having an only child for after we had been married awhile. After eighteen years we decided the time was right and had our son, a planned only child. We are supporters of negative population growth and would not consider another child so we knew we were done at that point.

OrientalLily
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:15 AM
I knew because I was just done. I adore my ds4, but never, ever do I want to do diapers and feeding every 2 hours. I couldn't do it again. And, life got in the way. I am just too busy with things that cannot be put on the back burner.
It's sad to know that I'm done, but really nice at the same time. I like my sleep LOL
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm of the 2 kids, 2 hands philosophy.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Byrd15
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I am pregnant with a little girl and we have a 20 month old son. We know this is our last because, like you, three is too many. My husband is Military and deploys VERY soon, so with this lifestyle 2 is our MAX! 

Our neighbors have 6 kids.... Yeah.... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM

i always wanted at least 4 but i do not have good pregnancies. never considered that. just had my 3rd and i was so sick. i can't do it again.

CocoaKisses70
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I always wanted 6 even as a young girl. I had 4 from my first marriage and two years ago I remarried someone that never had children.We are both older and I had already made the assumption that the 4 I already had was going to be it for me. Well long story short, I told my Dh that I could probably do 1 more pregnancy and that would complete our family.Well last year I became pregnant with TWINS. As soon as I found out I asked for a tubal!

CafeMom Tickers

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I knew I was through having babies when I had two of each and wanted to be able to do the best for all of them. I knew having more was going to make things thin and we couldn't do as much as we wanted to for all of them. So my moment of truth was asking my husband to have a vasectomy and he fully agreeing. I wasn't concerned that it would bother his manhood or any stupid thing like that. He proudly walked into the doctor's office and had it done and I was there with him. He followed all the rules correctly. Had it done on Friday took the weekend off to recuperate and had absolutely no problems with it at all. Then we both took a big sigh of relief and got on with our lives and managing four children. We never had to worry about condoms, birthcontrol or anything else ever again. Made life so much easier because we knew where we were headed and what we had to deal with after that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)