Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

i am starting a new weight loss thing (eating better, the Y and such)

i need cheap healthy lunch ideas

my children usually eat pb &j, pretzels, chicken nuggets and stuff for lunch (normal kid stuff)

i dont usually eat lunch but if i do its what they have

i need some healthy meal ideas that are cheap and yummy (we already use wheat bread for sandwhiches)

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Replies (11-17):
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

Quoting Cafe Robin:

I usually have a big salad with grilled chicken and lots of veggies.

WHOO HOOO.. Never actually seen a Robin post.. 

LOL!!:)

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:30 PM

That's pretty much what I eat everyday for lunch - when I'm being healthy;)

I also like grilled shrimp and fruit.  You should check out out healthy weight loss group.  They have lots of recipes posted and the members there have great meal ideas and workout ideas - and tips for sticking with it!

Here's a link to the low cal, healthy recipe post:
Add Your Healthy Recipes Here.

It's a great group!  Tonight, they're watching The Biggest Loser together.:)

Here's a link to the group...

Quoting silverdawn99:

thank you :D
i love raw veggies and salads and they will be easy and cheap to make

any other healthy ideas?

Quoting Cafe Robin:

I usually have a big salad with grilled chicken and lots of veggies.

southernbelletx
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I eat the same way.

Quoting Arwyn724:

I eat 6 meals a day, every 2 1/2 hours.  7:30 am breakfast, 10 am snack, 12:30pm lunch, 3 pm snack, 5:30 pm dinner, 8:00 pm snack. Every meal has 2 oz. skinless chicken. Breakfast, am snack and pm snack has a fruit, also.  Lunch & dinner has a grain and veggies.  Raw salad veggies are unlimited and available all day.  I've lost 60 lbs in the last year eating like this.  I drink water all day long, and frankly, it is a chore to eat this much.  I'm never hungry, and my metabolism never stops.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
southernbelletx
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and I'm pregnant for the second time. I am 7 1/2 mo and have gained 6 pounds, 4 of it baby. I eat 2000 cal a day by adding avacado and other healthy fat.

Quoting southernbelletx:

I eat the same way.

Quoting Arwyn724:

I eat 6 meals a day, every 2 1/2 hours.  7:30 am breakfast, 10 am snack, 12:30pm lunch, 3 pm snack, 5:30 pm dinner, 8:00 pm snack. Every meal has 2 oz. skinless chicken. Breakfast, am snack and pm snack has a fruit, also.  Lunch & dinner has a grain and veggies.  Raw salad veggies are unlimited and available all day.  I've lost 60 lbs in the last year eating like this.  I drink water all day long, and frankly, it is a chore to eat this much.  I'm never hungry, and my metabolism never stops.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I used to make a big pot of vegetable soup with a little potato and have as much as I wanted, I lost about 10 lbs. that way.

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Congrats, and good for you.  You will have a very healthy baby.  I love avocado and almonds, I do throw in some fun stuff every now and again.

Quoting southernbelletx:

Oh and I'm pregnant for the second time. I am 7 1/2 mo and have gained 6 pounds, 4 of it baby. I eat 2000 cal a day by adding avacado and other healthy fat.

Quoting southernbelletx:

I eat the same way.

Quoting Arwyn724:

BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM

brown rice seasoned to taste and some mixed veggies. I love making brown rice seasoning it and putting in black beans :]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)