Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"its selfish arrogant moms like you that die having kids"

Posted by   + Show Post

yea, that was actually said to me, i intend to have a homebirth we are less than 10 minutes (timed 8 mins with traffic at 5ish pm) and when i told someone this that was her reply, she said she has never heard of homebirth, so obviously she is uneducated on the subject, but then she went on to tell me that bc i didnt want to have an epidural like a "normal" person it was likely i would die and leave my child an orphan!!! I understand, there are people that dont support homebirth, i know that there are midwifes that have no right delivering babies, just like there are doctors that arent good at what they do, and i completely understand that most moms want to have hospital births, where things can be monitored and they can have meds, and i would never judge anyone for that, you need to be where you are going to feel safe to have a baby, that is what i feel is best for every mom!! Has anyone else had such hateful and rude responses to homebirth?!?! I was shocked by this!

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
PISCIS29
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have torn the b****a new one. I've had 3 kids without an epidural. I woulda whooped her ass and been like would you like an epidural now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.KFeatherable.
by Kristyn on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I had an epidural with my first and have back problems now. I didn't have an epidural with my second and do not plan on getting one with my third that is due in 6weeks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM

My last three I had without drugs. Not by choice, they just came too quick!!! Every time I swore I would do it without drugs next time, and then the pain would hit and I would turn into the world's biggest sissy!!! I would have done a tub birth, but I always felt more comfortable being in the hospital in case anything did go wrong. This person is a complete idiot. What the hell did she think they did back in the day when there were no hospitals???

emandab
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm the kind of girl that loves modern technology and would never ever plan a homebirth.  However I keep my mouth shut when asked about it.  I don't feel the need to make nasty comments like that, specially the epidural one, that was just stupid lol.

Yellowlily333
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM

That is crazy! For centuries all births were home births, and it is a lot more common than people think!

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Lol. Idiot.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Holy cannoli! I've never heard that sort of response to homebirth.  And while a homebirth isn't for me, I am planning my 3rd pain med-free delivery this June.  And boy does she have her facts backwards on that one!  Not to get into a whole controversial thing here, but not having an epidural would normally be considered the non-selfish choice...

Amybarnhart11
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I say do whatever makes you feel safe and comfortable! I am that if something were to go wrong *god forbid*, that you know to seek the proper medical attention. The odds are that a completely uneventful and comfortable birth is what you will experience though!! It was some very ignorant and hateful person that said such an atrocious thing to you girl!!! Ignore the negativity and do what you feel is best mama!!

Momyplease
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:04 PM
omg. what a horrible thing to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
davnrori
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Wow, how does this woman think people give birth where there's no easy hospital access? Hospital births were not usual until the mid-20th century. What an uneducated twat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)