Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"its selfish arrogant moms like you that die having kids"

Posted by   + Show Post

yea, that was actually said to me, i intend to have a homebirth we are less than 10 minutes (timed 8 mins with traffic at 5ish pm) and when i told someone this that was her reply, she said she has never heard of homebirth, so obviously she is uneducated on the subject, but then she went on to tell me that bc i didnt want to have an epidural like a "normal" person it was likely i would die and leave my child an orphan!!! I understand, there are people that dont support homebirth, i know that there are midwifes that have no right delivering babies, just like there are doctors that arent good at what they do, and i completely understand that most moms want to have hospital births, where things can be monitored and they can have meds, and i would never judge anyone for that, you need to be where you are going to feel safe to have a baby, that is what i feel is best for every mom!! Has anyone else had such hateful and rude responses to homebirth?!?! I was shocked by this!

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
SerenityBerry
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Wow, she is definately uneducated and not just about homebirths. Ignore the ignorance. 

supermomz25
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I personally wanted to have all my kids in the hospital for the "just in case" reason. My best friend had both of her kids at home with no troubles. Whatever makes you happy is all that matters.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
julienichel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:52 PM

first i love the word twat and love that you used it lol and i pointed out that a lot of places dont have access to hospitals due to where they live or weather conditions etc and that people have babies all the time without hospitals or assistance at all, much less epidurals.....she said that that only happens in third world countries where they dont even have doctors...... *facepalm*

Quoting davnrori:

Wow, how does this woman think people give birth where there's no easy hospital access? Hospital births were not usual until the mid-20th century. What an uneducated twat.

peachesforme
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:02 PM

just curious, is this your first baby?

inspain
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Wrong.  It's dumbasses like me, who actually have a white-knuckle phobia of giving birth, who end up having a c-section (two of them), who drop dead.  This last time, just two months ago, I couldn't shake the fear of a stroke or hemorrhage or something awful killing me.  I'm fine, but if I had it to do over, I'd see a therapist or a hypnotist or something to get past the phobia and have natural birth.

EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I could never do a home birth...not sure how y'all do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supercarp
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM

An epidural doesn't prevent delivery problems. I never had one. I could have had my second one out in the field, then gotten up and gone back to work. If you are healthy, I think you have a good chance of being all right. Good luck.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I'm sorry... that was rude

kansasmom1978
by Katie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I have a good friend who has delivered all 4 of her kids at home and now a licensed Doula. I think if you have no issues and you want to do it go for it.

ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Thats a horrible thing to say to ANYONE! Its your decision. Doesnt matter what others think. And i guess im not "normal" because i didnt have an epidural. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)