Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"its selfish arrogant moms like you that die having kids"

Posted by   + Show Post

yea, that was actually said to me, i intend to have a homebirth we are less than 10 minutes (timed 8 mins with traffic at 5ish pm) and when i told someone this that was her reply, she said she has never heard of homebirth, so obviously she is uneducated on the subject, but then she went on to tell me that bc i didnt want to have an epidural like a "normal" person it was likely i would die and leave my child an orphan!!! I understand, there are people that dont support homebirth, i know that there are midwifes that have no right delivering babies, just like there are doctors that arent good at what they do, and i completely understand that most moms want to have hospital births, where things can be monitored and they can have meds, and i would never judge anyone for that, you need to be where you are going to feel safe to have a baby, that is what i feel is best for every mom!! Has anyone else had such hateful and rude responses to homebirth?!?! I was shocked by this!

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Replies (31-33):
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM

That is crazy! You don't have to have an epidural even if you give birth in a hospital. If that's being "normal", I sure am not. I had 4 babies without one and I never died. I had my babies in the hospital, but I have nothing against home birth.

julienichel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM

no, this will be baby number 3, the first two i had naturally in the hospital, i actually barely made it there in time for my first lol this will be MY first homebirth, i have 11 brothers and sisters that were born at home so i ahve been around it a lot, hence my interest

Quoting peachesforme:

just curious, is this your first baby?

Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Um, epidurals are not a need for a healthy delivery.  What a dumb dumb.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)