Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can your child(ren) keep a secret?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 25 Replies

LOl Its my brithday tomorrow and this is the first year my husband included our son in on the present.

My poor kid is going to explode before tomorrow!! he keeps looking at me and saying I must not spill the beans!! LOL

Do your children have a hard time keeping secrets like these?

Photo: -Randi.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Nope my kids have ruined many suprises. I keep telling dh not to say anything to them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:01 PM

My 4 year old can, but he has to tell me 50 times a day that he has a surprise for me that he can't tell me about. lol

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Not if their lives depended on it! LOL! DS is better than DD (he's also older) but I can usually tell when something's up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM

LOL thats exactly what my son is doing.

Quoting mich.el.le:

My 4 year old can, but he has to tell me 50 times a day that he has a surprise for me that he can't tell me about. lol

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Happy early birthday!  I think my son would have a hard time keeping a secret from his momma.

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Ya.. My husband and son spend two hours in the basement/mancave everyday building legos. today of all days my son askes if they can go down there and says but you cant mama.. LOL My husband was rolling his eyes!

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Not if their lives depended on it! LOL! DS is better than DD (he's also older) but I can usually tell when something's up.

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM

thanks :) At this age (Im going to be 43) I could seriously do without birthdays!

Quoting MandaMom23:

Happy early birthday!  I think my son would have a hard time keeping a secret from his momma.

Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM
My 5yr old dd can but my 5yr old ss can not. My 2yr old dd really wouldn't know anything so you could tell her and she wont remembr haha
MommyLehr
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Lol yeah. My daughter is 4 and she saw what DH got for Christmas and the second e walked in the door she said daddy mommy got a surprise for you. It's your Christmas present. DH told her if she tells him she was getting a spanking and we would tell Santa not to bring her presents on Christmas. Luckily that was enough to get her to stay quiet.
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM

It;s just a number, enjoy your special day.  Hopefully you will get treated like a queen for a day : )

Quoting brettsmomma:

thanks :) At this age (Im going to be 43) I could seriously do without birthdays!

Quoting MandaMom23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)