Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what can you say to someone who is in a forced relationship?!

Posted by   + Show Post

i don't know what to say to my niece anymore she lives about two hours away in a small small town with her husband whom she was guilted into marrying by his parents...she calls or texts constantly about how she doesnt love him and how she doesnt know why it's so hard for her to leave and leave for good they have three kids together and she is pregnant again, she said she feels like he uses her.. he has cheated on her before, she has left him a number of times and he always blackmailed her into going back, this last time she went back to him was cause he told her he had cancer and was going to die and she stupidly believed him..and yes it was a lie he admitted to her when she got back and when she said she was leaving he told her if she left he would post a video of them having sex on the internet..i dont know what to say to her when she asks for advice i feel like theres nothing more to say but at the same time i dont want her to feel there is no way out :(   i hate him so much! for doing this to her and for making her feel trapped!

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
vinalex0581
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

how did his parents guilt her into marrying him?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

GLO682
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM

there is always a way out even if its risky. it doesnt sound like he is abusive just a douche bag. she made her bed, she is a grown woman who continues to get pregnant from a guy she doesnt love.

flowerfunleah
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

she should go to a womans shelter (with her children) and they help women in situtations such as hers.

shyone_91786
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM

You can't do anything she will leave when she is ready to leave. I have a friend who is in the same situation, she has left came back has 5 kids with him, but I think she dose it for the attetion she has family that she can go to she is strong but when she gets tired she will leave.

la_bella_vita
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Quoting jessimicuh:

If he blackmails her that's a serious crime..
Even threatening to is a crime.
What she does is:
1. Get proof he's attempting to black mail.
2. March her butt down to police department
3. File a restraining order and press charges for attempted black mail, before blackmail even happens..

Freedom at last!

This

Good luck to your neice!

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Guilted into. Is this not an adult? No one has ever forced me to do something I didn't want to do.

macilah
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:13 PM

ok his parents know he cheated on her and they told her " you need to understand he is a man he is going to make mistakes and you need to let him and accept him, and you have kids with him you need to marry him for the kids"  this is exactly what she told me they had told her this everyday until she finally gave in even though she doesnt love him

Quoting vinalex0581:

macilah
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM

it is abusive and she doesnt plan on the pregnancy he tells her he is going to pull out and doesnt and then he wont take her to the clinic to get on birthcontrol cause he says it's not his problem and if she wants to be on it she need to figure out how to get there on her own!... he doesnt leave her a car he is an asshole

Quoting GLO682:

there is always a way out even if its risky. it doesnt sound like he is abusive just a douche bag. she made her bed, she is a grown woman who continues to get pregnant from a guy she doesnt love.

vinalex0581
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM

oh.

well has he cheated on her since?

Quoting macilah:

ok his parents know he cheated on her and they told her " you need to understand he is a man he is going to make mistakes and you need to let him and accept him, and you have kids with him you need to marry him for the kids"  this is exactly what she told me they had told her this everyday until she finally gave in even though she doesnt love him

Quoting vinalex0581:

vinalex0581
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM

why doesn't she just refuse to have sex with him then?

Quoting macilah:

it is abusive and she doesnt plan on the pregnancy he tells her he is going to pull out and doesnt and then he wont take her to the clinic to get on birthcontrol cause he says it's not his problem and if she wants to be on it she need to figure out how to get there on her own!... he doesnt leave her a car he is an asshole

Quoting GLO682:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)