Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my tall 6 years old

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

today I mesured my son he is 4.5 feet tall for being 6 years old. im 5 feet. next year he be taller then me. On this picture that is his class. He so stands out. im worried if its gonna have negative effects to his social life with other kids. what you momies think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Yup...that's tall! Lol My DD will be 6 next month and is the tallest in her class at 45"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:09 PM
wow. its must be something in the water.lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM

DD is 4 feet or thereabouts and is one of the tallest in her class.  Last year she was friends with one of the tiniest girls in her class.  Luckily no one pays attention to height except for monkey bars.

Momyplease
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM
that's great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aivlys_
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Awwe cool. My 15 year old is 6'1 he has never been teased for it, Quite the opposite. He says the Ladies like tall guys! Lol :)
opal10161973
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:41 PM

IDK.  My oldest is something like 6 ft 2in right now.  I doubt it has affected him, but your child is really tall for his age.  How tall are the men in the family?

Momyplease
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM
thats great. I know ladies love tall men. would you believe a little boy ended up bullying my boy. Its been taken care of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supercarp
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Being tall is considered a positive attribute in our culture. Being short is more likely to lead to feelings of inferiority. He may or may not keep growing at this rate, though. The earlier he reaches puberty, the sooner his growth will slow down.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
My son is 6.5 and 53" tall he is one of if not the tallest in first grade in his school.
Momyplease
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Yes maybe. His father was 6 feet 1 and my grand father was 6'8. my grandmother was 4 feet.weired combination.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)