Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I feel like such an IDIOT!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM
  • 20 Replies

If you havnt read my other posts I had terrible cramping pain all day yesterday, went to the hospital in  the evening, had contractions at the hospital that were 5 min apart but they sent me home because I was only 1 1/2 CM.

They were sure I would be back. The nurse told me to "warn my daycare parents that I would probably be having the baby" So I did! Well its the next morning. No more 3-5 min apart contractions. Just back to mild cramping. So all my daycare parents will have to be called  and told no baby yet. How embarrassing!

Well I called all of them and they are just being so sweet about it. I have awesome parents!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM

dont stress it will be happen

good luck! i know you are ready for this kid to be born

christina0607
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Where you're this close and it could be any minute, maybe you should stop taking kids into your house until you have the baby anyway. they all must have back up plans in place. 

Indianamomto4
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Hey don't beat yourself up....you can't control your body and you were doing what any responsible provider would have done by keeping your parents informed. Any woman who has been pregnant will understand that babies don't come on a schedule they come when they are good and ready no matter what we have planned. Wishing you a healthy easy complication free delivery and a healthy baby!

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM

They will understand, I mean, if you are a day care provider, they have been through it at least once.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM

they all do have back up plans...they are all awesome.I only have 4 kids right now and one of them is pregnant and the other is home because she just had her baby in November :) My DH is home now and I have my 15 and almost 17 yr old too. So I have alot of help.

Quoting christina0607:

Where you're this close and it could be any minute, maybe you should stop taking kids into your house until you have the baby anyway. they all must have back up plans in place. 

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM

thank you

Quoting Indianamomto4:

Hey don't beat yourself up....you can't control your body and you were doing what any responsible provider would have done by keeping your parents informed. Any woman who has been pregnant will understand that babies don't come on a schedule they come when they are good and ready no matter what we have planned. Wishing you a healthy easy complication free delivery and a healthy baby!

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:26 PM

bump

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM
So glad they are being good about it! My DC patents were great about it when I had my lo last year. Hope u have a nice easy delivery!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Thank you

Quoting hriabywx4:

So glad they are being good about it! My DC patents were great about it when I had my lo last year. Hope u have a nice easy delivery!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
_WC_Mama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Oh hun don't beat yourself up,I went to the Hospital too when I was pregnant with my DD  and I was sent Home because they were just Braxton Hicks,I kinda felt silly to...

Your baby will come when he/she is ready

Try walking

when I was at the end of my pregnancy with my son I was going stir crazy lol I walked,I drank a frappacino,I went into labor that day

Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)