Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What are your "Go to meals?"

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 65 Replies

What are your family's most used, most liked.. and or most budget friendly meals?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I always have pasta sauce made in the freezer. When I don't want to think about dinner we thaw one and make a lasagna or just do pasta. 

I don't know how budget friendly it is, it's not really cheap to make, lol. 

Aydnsmommy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM

chicken surprise, crunchy chicken, spegetti, slopp joes, home made chicken pot pie, meat loaf, etc. But I have to cook with all narturall and organic foods only, so I make alot of things from scratch as a routine.

JavaLadybug2
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Quoting Aydnsmommy:

chicken surprise, crunchy chicken, spegetti, slopp joes, home made chicken pot pie, meat loaf, etc. But I have to cook with all narturall and organic foods only, so I make alot of things from scratch as a routine.

Can I have your recipies for Chicken suprise & Crunchy Chicken?

Chicken is my all time favorite meat.. But aside from shake and bake.. I am  clueless!

imandia4
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Chili mac! Homemade.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbelletx
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM
We pretty much eat baked or grilled meat with s vegetable. My SO and I don't eat processed food if we can help it...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM
DD's school participates is Market Day so I always have a few of their staples in my freezer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymama2D
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Pepper Steak that I make in the Crockpot. I always make sure I have sirloin in the freezer and the other ingredients are pantry staples ... although I might have to pick up the peppers if I don't happen to have them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JavaLadybug2
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

DD's school participates is Market Day so I always have a few of their staples in my freezer.

What is Market day?

2girlsYES
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Do you make your own pasta sauce?

Quoting christina0607:

I always have pasta sauce made in the freezer. When I don't want to think about dinner we thaw one and make a lasagna or just do pasta. 

I don't know how budget friendly it is, it's not really cheap to make, lol. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3ducklings
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I keep marinara in my freezer too. And again, I wouldn't say it's budget friendly but it's from scratch and 100% all natural. We do red beans, jambalaya, meatloaf, etc... We use a lot of veggies and seafood because its either free or cheap from friends/family gardens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)