Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you do? (SAHMs)

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
  • 32 Replies

My youngest starts school(VPK) in August, which is like 3 or 4hrs a day! I am use to having her here with me so I am kinda lost as to what I will do with myself when she starts going!

I do everything with her, but now I need to find things I can do without her! Like getting a hobby or something. I am gonna be so lost with out a little one at home!!

So how was it for you when your youngest started school? What did you do with that time(besides the normal cleaning cooking, etc.)? Did you pick up hobbies to pass the time?

Thanks

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chakita0912
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Read. make dates with friends. sleep. enjoy your time. Mine hasn't started school yet, ut we are thingking about starting her soon, but then I will have my youngest.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

We did alot of our deep cleaning when she started school.  I take a siesta in the afternoon as well. We are able to go for walks without having to worry about little legs keeping up with our speed.  Shopping goes much faster.

Tonya_Lynn84
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I work out now, but that again is something I can do with her! Maybe I will start running again when she starts school! Shopping probably would go faster!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

We did alot of our deep cleaning when she started school.  I take a siesta in the afternoon as well. We are able to go for walks without having to worry about little legs keeping up with our speed.  Shopping goes much faster.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM

If you have local parks with running paths, you can do those without her and probably work up speed / endurance.

Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

I work out now, but that again is something I can do with her! Maybe I will start running again when she starts school! Shopping probably would go faster!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

_WC_Mama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this

My children are both school aged so they are in school from 9-4 every day except Wednesday when they come home at 2 thirty or so,Monday,Wednesday & Friday I deep clean,Tuesday,Thursday I spend all day on here & watching TV and such,my hobbies are Photography & Cooking,some days if it's not raining I walk to the parks and take photos of the scenery,some days I stay home and cook a new recipe,if I am feeling good I do take walks during the day.

EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Quite the dilemma. Ha. Do whatever you want. Take an extra long shower. Read a book.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_WC_Mama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes shopping goes much faster when no kids are present,when we take my children grocery shopping it can take up to two hours at a trip to Walmart,with no children present it takes me less than an hour to get the stuff we need off the list and out of the store..

Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

Quoting frndlyfn:

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Well, my youngest is ds who is 4.5 and he did preschool last semester but we're not sending him back. I pretty much would just eat lunch and maybe do some reading while he was gone. He went Tue-Thur from 12:15-2:15 in the afternoon. 

_WC_Mama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Oh and I have been reading some of my 8 year old son's diary of a wimpy kid books lol and I read some Books we have around here.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Well my youngest hasn't started school yet. But my Beastie sends her kid to k next year and my little one starts per k so I imagine we'll spend lots of time together.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN