Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Eating in public with a toddler

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 49 Replies
8 moms liked this

Time Spent in Restaurant With Toddler

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inspain
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM

The only one of those we ever did was eat.  Well, that and beg DD to eat even part of her $8 bowl of pasta.  LOL.  Otherwise, she was shockingly well-behaved.  No under-the-table nonsense, no noise, no staring, no pestering other diners.  We would have never allowed it, but she never once did it.  She did, however, start ordering food at age two and was into big ticket items like coconut shrimp and toro sashimi.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Same here. DD knew how to behave reasonably well and we wanted her to eat her 5 dollar plate of fries or mashed potatoes LOL.  I think of this graph when i see a family trying to have a good meal out but the children wont cooperate.  

Quoting inspain:

The only one of those we ever did was eat.  Well, that and beg DD to eat even part of her $8 bowl of pasta.  LOL.  Otherwise, she was shockingly well-behaved.  No under-the-table nonsense, no noise, no staring, no pestering other diners.  We would have never allowed it, but she never once did it.  She did, however, start ordering food at age two and was into big ticket items like coconut shrimp and toro sashimi.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM
My kids were very well behaved as toddlers in restauratnts. Now they like to fight and tease each other, it's not as much fun sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM
My daughter does really well in restaurants.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM
my son love to eat so all his mind was into his food. Not a sound out of him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_WC_Mama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember when we took my son out to eat with Family members at a Spaghetti place my son made such a HUGE mess and had Spaghetti sauce all over his face,thankfully the other diners were not bothered by Him and there was not alot of people eating there that night,I did get a cute pic though he was covered in sauce...

_WC_Mama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Oh and he didn't misbehave he just got sauce all over the place.

sarahfire
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM
This is my son :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey! I'm the Blue 10% !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

awwww  He should grow out of it soon.   Hugs to you for surviving the toddler/preschool years.

Quoting sarahfire:

This is my son :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)