Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

It's only Tuesday and ...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 3 Replies
It's already been a great week! And here's why.

Yesterday hubby called me and said he had good news. He got another raise. I asked him how much, expecting the usual $1. Nope. $3. He has almost doubled what he started out making at this job and he's only been there 3 and a half years!

Insurance is finally covering ds's meds! They wouldnt cover them because they needed a prior authorization from his dr. We finally got that figured out, so that is saving us almost $60 a month.

Our house payment went from $400 a month to $200!! Woo hoo!!

I just paid off our new furniture. Saving us an additional $200 a month.

We finally got a crib and carseat for baby girl. I broke down bawling to dh on Sunday because I was so stressed out that we have absolutely nothing for her. He kept saying "sweetie, we have 9 weeks!" I told him that it will sneak up on us. So he said to ease my mind we would go get the crib and he actually followed through. He even chose the more expensive one which surprised the hell out of me.

We have 9 short weeks til my EDD. It can't come soon enough.

I've been having BH contractions for 2 days. While I'm not exactly thrilled with them, it just lets me know just how close we are to our baby girl making her appearance.

So, how has your week been??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

How did your house payment drop so drastcally?   It would be awesome if we could find a house like that in this area.  We pay nearly 700 for a one bedroom apartment and that is on the cheaper side of things.

MeghanPerez
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Our house was in foreclosure. Neither of us have credit, so dh's bosses bought the house and we are buying it back from them on contract. They told dh after the first of the year they would lower the payments to $200/month and the other $200 would come out of his Christmas bonus - which was fine with us. It gives us extra money so we can start on the renovations.

ETA: we didn't let the house go into foreclosure. Lol. It was a house we rented a few years ago and after we moved out, the owner quit making payments. We were living in another state when it went up for sale. Just wanted to clarify. Haha

Quoting frndlyfn:

How did your house payment drop so drastcally?   It would be awesome if we could find a house like that in this area.  We pay nearly 700 for a one bedroom apartment and that is on the cheaper side of things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Oh ok, that makes sense.  Making the renovations would increase value of the house so the bosses are thinking smart on that.

Quoting MeghanPerez:

Our house was in foreclosure. Neither of us have credit, so dh's bosses bought the house and we are buying it back from them on contract. They told dh after the first of the year they would lower the payments to $200/month and the other $200 would come out of his Christmas bonus - which was fine with us. It gives us extra money so we can start on the renovations.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN