My little sister will be 21 on Tuesday. She has been dating this "guy" for almost 2 years. He will finish basic training/boot camp next week in GA. After that, he is being shipped to his base in WA- Ft. Lewis.
Believe it or not, she is moving there WITH him, WITH NO COMMITMENT and no job. She just finished her CNA class and has yet to take the exam. My mom's side of the family all lives there 20 min from base so she has somewhere to live.
I don't like this idea for a number of reasons:
1. She has only had 3 steady boyfriends and each lasted just over 2 years. I'm not saying she has to go date a ton of men to find the "right" one, but just three??? And they were all the same "I'm too good for other people" and control freaks.
2. She is not allowed to wear shorts per him (He doesn't want people to stare at her).
3. She is NOT allowed to go out with her girlfriends unless he is with her.
4. No commitment..yet. I saw on a a tweet that they went "ring shopping".
5. My parents DO NOT like him, due to the fact that she can only do this and that and not this because he makes her. However, they can't do much since she is legally an adult.
6. If he is around, we automatically are cut off. My daughter is 9 and those two talk EVERY NIGHT! When he was here for leave for 10 or 11 days, she called twice and Skyped just once. My daughter was very hurt!
I am having a really hard time dealing with this. We recently started to become really close in the last years. She says she will fly home every 3 months, but I doubt that will happen. I doubt that he will let her come home.
What are your opinions on this?