Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Serious question

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM
  • 21 Replies
Bedtime is 9:30. Its now midnight. Both my kids got a drink,.read them 3 books, sang songs and laid by them for 20 minutes. They still aren't asleep. I'm about to rip out my God damn hair. How the fuck can I get them to sleep without medication? I'm about to lose my damn mind. Its been this way for a God damn month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyanne66
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:16 AM

How old are they?  Are they napping during the day and for how long?  If they nap, do you keep them on a strict schedule?  What time do they get up in the morning?

ColieO
by I Rock on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:17 AM
5 and 2. The 2 year old takes one hour long nap at around noon, they wake up 9-9:30 in the morning.

Quoting lyanne66:

How old are they?  Are they napping during the day and for how long?  If they nap, do you keep them on a strict schedule?  What time do they get up in the morning?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:26 AM

You need to get them up earlier in the day to help them sleep better at night.  DD was a big time night owl until she had to start getting up at 7:30am for school.  Make a rule that they can be awake but must stay in their respective beds.   If it has been a month, it could be weather related or both decided they needed to team up on mommy.

ColieO
by I Rock on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Some days they wake up earlier and still won't go to sleep. They've been crying for 3 fucking hours.

Quoting frndlyfn:

You need to get them up earlier in the day to help them sleep better at night.  DD was a big time night owl until she had to start getting up at 7:30am for school.  Make a rule that they can be awake but must stay in their respective beds.   If it has been a month, it could be weather related or both decided they needed to team up on mommy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Hmmm  Has soothing music ever helped them?  At this point make them stay up even though we are exhausted so that they learn to sleep when it is time.  Set them to cleaning the walls or something.  I know for my dd this warm front we have going makes it harder for her to sleep.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Well this makes me feel better. My kids have been pulling the same shit lately.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyanne66
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Well, a one hour nap isn't very long so it isn't that. I guess maybe you should get them up earlier.  My kids went to bed at 8:30 all through elementary and middle school.  Now they are allowed up until 10 but they are 13 and 16.  Yours definitely need to be going to bed earlier.  Do they share a room? That could be an issue. I agree with the other post that you make it a rule they can be awake but must stay in their beds.  I always told my kids that.  We never, ever deviated from bedtime unless we weren't home in enough time.

I have a friend with four kids 8 and under and they all go to bed at 7:30 p.m.  Personally, I think that is insanely early.  I don't tell her that but every time she FB about how they get up at 5 a.m. and it drives her crazy I want to smack her and tell her.  Ha ha.  I'd try a bedtime of 8 or so for your kids.  Maybe 8:30 at the latest.  Good luck to you.

opinionatedmom
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:36 AM

if they are taking naps quit. if they are not start.

ColieO
by I Rock on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:36 AM
I'm not a drinker, but right now I've got cranberry and vodka just to calm my nerves.

Quoting justinnaimee:

Well this makes me feel better. My kids have been pulling the same shit lately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM

I know the feeling mamma. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN