Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Formula Issues!!! Please Help.

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son is 3 months old and we are on WIC. When he was born he was put on Gerber Good Start and it was giving him a lot of gas so we switched him to Similac Sensitive. Well he seemed to do fine on it started with a little reflux talked to his doctor and she said just a small amount of cereal in his bottle. We did that and everything was better so I also spoke with the doctor about getting a perscription for WIC and she said they are no longer doing that as of Dec. but I could have him put on Gerber GoodStart Soothe and it is the same thing. Well I started him on the soothe last night still putting the cereal in for the reflux. Now he is spitting up again. Doesn't make me very happy. Has anyone else used the Gerber Soothe? Were you statified with it...I am not likeing Gerber Products...PLEASE HELP!!!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Find out from WIC what formula they will provide without a prescription since your doctor refuses to give a prescription to have it covered by WIC and then talk to your doctor about your son's symptoms and what formula options are covered so you can figure out if anything WIC covers will help. It may be that he has something else going on and needs a prescription medication to help with his reflux, no matter what formula he's on.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:35 PM

is he just spitting up or is he losing a good portion of his meal? Babies spit up, they dont all have reflux...try feeding him a little less at a time but more often and make sure he has quiet time after his meal

morrigan914
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM

What state? I just got a prescription from my doc for supplement drink for my BF 1 year old, but I would question any doctor who recommends cereal in a bottle, especially for a 3 month old.

mama_2_jasper
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Try burping him after every couple ounces.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scperdomo
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:39 PM
If WIC wont give it to you and your doc wont prescribe it, why not just buy it? You can sign up for coupons with similac and they send you multiple $5 off coupons, plus there are almost always coupons in the paper.

I mean, if its best for your baby.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DieselsMom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM

just buy the formula that you want...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)