Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where do you get YOUR contact lenses?

At the risk of sounding like a total asshat....I have special eyes.
There I said it.
*shields herself from the daggers and icy glares*

Really though....where?
I order mine from my optician's office. Waaaay too expensive.
Have you found a cheap solution? Is 1-800-CONTACTS a reliable and frugal choice?
*runs away laughing..and falls over coffee table*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
spunky946
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I get mine from my doc because Other places don't carry the ones I wear.
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM
MY BRAND!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:15 PM

1-800-contacts for many, many years until I got Lasik 4 years ago.  No more contacts.

dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I just ordered mine from lens.com they were about 10 bucks a box cheaper than 1800 contacts.
GirlieGal76
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I get mine from Costco because they were cheaper than ordering at 800Contacts and a few other places that I had looked into. I have "special" eyes too. :)  I took a trip to Scotland in October and realized I didn't have any extra pair of contacts, and Costco takes about a week to get theirs in. I ended up ordering some online with two day guaranteed delivery and it cost me over double the amount for one pair of contacts online as it did for six pair of contacts through Costco!

Wherever you get them you're going to have to have a prescription though, even if you order online. It sounded like in someone's reply they thought you could just order online without seeing the eye doctor for a prescription first.

gofast_mama
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Costco!

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Thanks for this info! I just began wearing some in August and I will see the price vs my dr. Worth a shot to see a price comparison. :)

Quoting SWasson:

I found that 1-800-Contacts is a few dollars cheaper per box than my eye doctor's office. You can check the prices on their website without signing up for anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:27 PM

RobinBright
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I get them from the opthamologist.  They are $40 a box for my left eye, $55 for my right eye, 30 lenses per box.  Insurance covers them.  

stacefaceninja
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:54 PM

GAhhhhhhhh. LMAO. I love you for posting this. 

Quoting LCWAmommy:

-If for any reason you feel an urge to correct my grammar, spelling, or punctuation, please suppress this urge. You are not important enough to me to spend time editing before I post.  I will just laugh at you-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)