Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

MLM's and me....

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

So this woman that i met in another group here on CafeMom and I became pen-pals. I found out that she lives close to me, like really close. So we've been talking for a few months and she is on my facebook and I always post really political statuses on there, well, come to find out we have really similar political views. So, one day she emails me this:

Hey, I have a question for you.  Do you believe in fighting for freedom?  My husband and I are a part of a group that is working to change the way this nation is working, and bring the Constitution to the fore-front of the country again.  Do you believe in fighting for freedom?  Would you be interested in getting together sometime, you and your DH and me and my DH, and talking about how you can get involved as well?  Let me know!  I was just wondering.  I have noticed a couple of your facebook posts and judging by the posts you are making, you seem like the type of person who believes in freedom and who believes in changing things for the better.  If this is true, you'd be a great asset to the cause.  Let me know :-)

So, I'm kinda like, okay well it sounds like this could either be really stupid or really cool. Either way, it'd be nice to meet her so i tell her that we can talk about it and she can come over. So last night they did. She didnt even talk the entire time, her husband did. And at first he was talking about being self sufficient. Which i am ALL about. So Bryan and i are sitting there like, okay so he is going to ask us to start a group of people to go around and educate the community on things to become self reliant, thus taking some power from the government. which, we probably would have been all for. 
anyway, so he is talking about all this political and church related stuff and going in one direction, and then all of a sudden pulls out this pamphlet and goes the completely other way. He is apparently an Amway rep and trys to get us to buy into it.

I'm just like, really guys? thats what this is? nice to meet you suckers, now buy into this get rich quick scheme. wtf? what was the most ironic is that he had been talking the whole time about trying to take away power from one group and giving it back to the Americans, and then pulls Amway out of his ass.. I'm like so you want us to take power from them, and give it to someone else? that goes against everything you just said. Do i look that stupid to you? Bryan was like, so how is Amway and Freedom Fighters (the name of his group i guess) related? And he says, "well Amway doesnt even know we exist, but i do know that if they did, they would support us." i'm like................ um, no.. all they care about is money, not power in government, not the American people. They are only successful in the other countries you mentioned because they are THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES. what other options do they have?

Sorry, this is long and i am rambling now. I'm just so bummed out that my potential friend turned out to be a dud. it's really disappointing. And I'm also pissed that she must have thought I am a total idiot....

ugh, okay done now...

*click my siggy to join the group* 

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Well that's a bummer.  Maybe if she weren't with her hubby she would have been better...   What is MLM?

little.worthen
by Tess on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

multi-level marketing 

aka pyramid schemes

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Well that's a bummer.  Maybe if she weren't with her hubby she would have been better...   What is MLM?

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM
That stinks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Oh, lol, duh.

Quoting little.worthen:

multi-level marketing 

aka pyramid schemes

Quoting Lunarprancer:

With light and love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN