Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yelled at by my Dr. then got Mirena Removed. Long Sorry!!!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
  • 29 Replies

I got Mirena put in 8 weeks after having my baby girl, my Dh and i felt our family was complete with just us and our baby. For a year ive had pelvic pain so bad when i lay on my left side it hurts to the point were i want to cry.So the Dr. told me to get an ultrasound but my DH is a Marine and at the time was preparing to deploy again. So i have had to cancle my ultrasound appointments 2 times because he never knew what he was going to do. So i went Nov.8th (Day after Our Wedding Annivsary) and i waited 2 weeks to get the results. My dr. said to make an appoinment then when i went in the week after the computer was down, she said she'd call me with the results. Then next week i get a call for an appoinment to see her i set that up. She is busy that day and says they found something so i have to see the Gyno. She said you have Endo something osis. She then left the room to find someone to explain to me what it was. I was sitting there thinking what did you say? She came back and said i cant find anyone just wait to see the Gyno. I said ok and left my pelivc pain got worse so i called a week later to see if she sent the referal to the Gyno. Nope, then i had to tell her nurse to put it in. After 2weeks she did it! on Dec.15.2012 they called me to make the appoinment theyre next avilable appoinment is Jan 18th!!! I was in so much pain Ibprohen was not working!! I was pissed and said sure. So i research what i think she said i heard Endometriosis so i read it and im just scared that my baby might have it. My DH has been deployed snice sept so im trying to deal with this all im going crazy! I see the Dr. to get Mirena removed because my DH & I decide we want to try for one more if we can. I told her if i have Endometriosis i want to try for another if i can. She said you swore to commet for 5 years! Taking it out wont help relve your pain. She looked at my records and (after a month of worrying and crying over this) said you dont have Endometriosis it Endo somthing else. Still not expain what it is to me. She was so mad becuase she said if you have pelvic pain not to get it. I have Always had Really bad pain during my time, so bad it leaves me in the fetal postion. but when i try to tell the Drs before ,they got mad at me and said it was normal and to grow up! so that's why i didnt tell her. Sex was never expained to me and i never took a Sex-Ed Class, guess i missed the lesson when i moved in the 5th grade. So after our long talk she said im taking it out! She took Mirena out and said There Its Out!! Then she said dont come asking for it again the answer is NO! I was not going to ask agian, Dam thing hurt! After it was out the pain on my left side was MUCH LESS!!!!! And i flet lighter! So Im Cursed to have all my Dr.s Hate Me & Not Understand me!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermomz25
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

that is crazy. the whole reason I got the mirena is because my doctor recommended it to relieve the severe cramping/pain and heaviness of my period. I would find a new doctor if this one is going to treat you that way.

Mama2ETA
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM

My dr was very persistant on my mirena lasting 5 years too. I bled an entire year straight before I demanded it out. Stopped bleeding 2 days later! The reason they don't like taking them out before is because insurance doesn't cover removal before 5 years. I had to pay $150

southernbelletx
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM
This was really long and drawn out. Glad you got it removed. I hated mine too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by your-bff on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Very confusing to read your story. Uncool of you to yell at the doctor. That's all I have to say.
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Its really not her place to talk to you like that or judge you. The thing about Mirena is if you can have it removed at any point. Its your choice. I would try to find a new dr.

3boysmommaNY
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM

That is horrible!!! Is that a dr on post or a civilian dr? If its on post you need to file an ICE complaint right away.. If its a civilian, you should switch drs. You should NEVER be afraid to talk to your dr about what is going on with your body. They are there to help YOU, not you make their days smooth sailing!! So sorry momma!! Hope your pain gets better for you!

Mom2five87
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I only had my Mirena for 8 months because the pain and side effects were horrible. My doctor never said a word about it. Your doctor is an asshole.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

BabySocks0912
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I would find a new Dr. she sounds like a B*===
little.worthen
by Tess on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Wow. Find a new gyno. The mirina dd the same thing to me. Your doc sounds like an ass
jenny198356
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I have had docs like that. I make sure to tell the patient advocate within your hospital about it. That is who keeps the docs in line. Many people have that problem with the mirena...it should have been taken out long ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)