Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

16 months and still on the bottle

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 20 Replies
My daughter is 16 months and still on the bottle and i know it is my and my hubbys fault. My older daughter was easily on the sippy at thirteen months. I dont know why it is so difficult for us to transition the little one. I think part of it is that she is our last child and we dont want her to grow up but cone on mom and dad get with the program. Anyone else struggle letting their youngest grow up and do big kid things?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annhart19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM
My son is 17 months and he is still on the bottle too. I tried to switch him but he's just not having it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
321momof3
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Nope all of my kids were off at a yr actually my youngest was 3 months early but still at a yr he was off the bottle. I also had a daycare and my rule was at 1 they are done with the bottle and they were.

Mazi184
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM
My 14 mo ds is very attached to his bottle. I dunno what to tell you, he's my first and I could totally use some tips!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM

No I found myself doing things earlier with the other kids. 

lmjess
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM

My son has special needs. He's 3 and still uses a bottle. I'm ok with it. He has swallowing issues.

My oldest son also had special needs. He used a bottle until well after his 2nd birthday. He just liked the comfort of a bottle.

Give it time and patience. If it's that big of a deal to you, just quit cold turkey. Gather up all the bottles and toss them! No going back!

Ilaynasmommy
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
What does she drink from the bottle? I never put anything but formula in bottles so when DD turned one and was off formula... no more bottles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
My youngest was on one bottle at night until maybe 15 months. I still had to rock him to sleep. He would go to sleep on his own, but it was my issue not wanting him to not need me. It was our thing. He didn't take one during the day and drank out of dippy cups or straws other times.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trainlady
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Age or place in the family line has nothing to do with it. Every child has their own speed and should not be compared with another one. I had one that didn't get bottle free until she was about 21 months old. I unscrewed the top of her bottle on day and had her look at the milk around the top and told her it looked yucky. I asked her if she thought it would be a good time to throw it in the trash and start using her brand new sippy cup. She agreed and we walked out to the front yard by the curb where the trash cans were and she tossed it in herself. Then we went inside and I gave her her favorite drink in the sippy cup. She was hooked from then on. The other daughter pushed her bottle away at 13 months and wanted to play with the sippy cup even though she would sometimes spill it. Give each one their own time and place and stop comparing them with each other or other kids.

_WC_Mama
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I did a little bit with my DD since she is my last child :-(,she had the binky for a little bit to long,I was trying to wean her off but it took a while,to be honest I don't even remember when I attempted to wean my son and daughter off the bottle,I also let my son use his binky for a bit longer...

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I didn't struggle at all my son was on the bottle until he was 35 months old.

(at least at night).

wasn't a problem for me in the least.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)