Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HGTV Dream Home 2013..... ** EDIT! :)

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:59 AM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: how many of you are entering???

Options:

yes, Love this contest!!!

no, not my thing

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

ok, who's all doing this??? Prize: Beautiful house in South Carolina, $500,00 cash, and a 2013 GMC Acadia...uhhh yes please!!!

who else is crazy (like me) about this contest every year through HGTV?? I enter online and by mail!!! why not!!! its one in a million chance...but its a chance!! and its nice to dream!!!!

EDIT FOR THE MAMA'S THAT WOULD RATHER HAVE CASH OPTION..STAIGHT FROM THE WEBSITE THE "CASH OPTION":

In lieu of taking title to the HGTV Dream Home (and the contents of the HGTV Dream Home), the Grand Prize Winner will have the option of receiving $1,000,000 in cash in lieu of the home (the "Cash Option"). If Grand Prize Winner elects to take the Cash Option, the Grand Prize winner will still receive the Cash Prize and the GMC Prize. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot take possession of the HGTV Dream Home due to a force majeure event, failure of constructions, or any other reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Grand Prize Winner shall receive the Cash Option, Cash Prize, and the GMC Prize. Total ARV of Grand Prize is $2,253,565 if Grand Prize Winner takes title to the HGTV Dream Home or $1,553,565 if Grand Prize Winner selects the Cash Option.

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:01 AM

happy 

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Bump...bump too!

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:11 AM

bump for poll....

wickedfiress
by SmthngWkdThsWayComes on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:54 AM
I would sell it, and but a house near my family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:56 AM
The people who win tend to lose the house because they can't afford the property taxes after a few years. I would love to have it, minus the property taxes :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by I Rock on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm entering just for fun. Lol. Why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalPystol
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I have never entered for something like this. If it isn't wheelchair accessible it would kinda be pointless for me.

TableforSeven
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:32 AM

Hmmmmm - wonder how long it would be to sell the house and car quickly....before having to pay taxes, etc on them.

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:32 AM

there is a cash option too!!! :) so if you don't want the house you get like $1.5 in Lieu of the house plus still the five hundred thousand and the GMC!!!

Quoting wickedfiress:

I would sell it, and but a house near my family.

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:34 AM

yes!! thats been an issue for allot of the winners! there is a cash option though. for poeple who dont want the house...they give you like $1.5 plus all the other winnings that they mention....I'd take that option too I think only becuse of the taxes ...or else I'd move in heart beat!

Quoting i.love.my.life:

The people who win tend to lose the house because they can't afford the property taxes after a few years. I would love to have it, minus the property taxes :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)