Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Strangers Touch her

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 9 Replies

When out shopping, people see you with your baby, and say aww how cute ect..  Yes I have found my self looking at how cute some ones baby was while in public. I think that is to be expected. I mean who doesn't like a cute baby.

BUT what I don't get, or never knew is that strangers actually think it is ok to touch my baby!!!

I would never dream of going up to a stranger and touching their baby on the head and hands.  It is not my child, or a family members child, So i have no right to.    What in the world is going through these peoples heads that they will touch my baby. 

I am ok if you want to walk up and look at her.  but NO do not put your hands on her.  Especially her hands.  I do not know where you have been, I do not know if you are clean.  The first thing babies put in their mouth are their hands, so you could be the reason my child got sick.

My baby is now officially Bubble baby when we go in public.  I will use this (See Picture) up until she grows out of her stage 1 car seat to avoid this issue.

--

Find out about our adoption at our Facebook blog.
http://www.facebook.com/MJAdoptionBlog

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MollyJmommy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I feel your pain people do that to my toddler all the time luckly she hates people touching her just as much so she screams when they reach for her. I actually swatted a girls hand away once cuz she kept trying to touch my daughters face x.x It's not like this girl was young she was 16ish and she thought it was funny that my daughter was getting freaked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I have found that people keep their distance when I am wearing my baby. Adults usually won't invade other adults space but have a difficult time respecting LO's space.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

one of my biggest pet peeves. we were travelling and i took my baby into a restroom to change him. a lady comes out of a stall and comments on how cute he is and grabs his foot. hadn't even washed her hands yet. i was so mad.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Dh said I scare people away..i dont even want ppl near my baby. He says I get the crazy mean mama bear look when were out with the kids. Our kids are pretty cute and ppl always say something in passing but typically keep there distance. I prefer that. Babywearing helps too..but I love your net!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM

My niece is a new mother and actually had one old woman grab her infants hand and nom nom nom on it with her own mouth!!! it was soooo disgustined she said.

Mandi812
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I did once have a lady, and she asked me if it was ok that she hay a blessing for my baby over her. 

she placed one hand on her head as she did so.  that is the only time i was ok with it, because i approved her to do so.

I did get me a ergo baby carrier.  I mainly got it for travel.  but i have been keeping it in my car and using that does seam to be a good idea especially in saving car space.  :)

--

Find out about our adoption at our Facebook blog.
http://www.facebook.com/MJAdoptionBlog

plum82
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I hung this on my kids' infant seats and people really kept their distance. It was great. :)

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I didnt fuss over people touching my kids if they werent obviously sick.  I did try to keep them from touching their hands or face.  Im not all freaky about germs though.  

davnrori
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:22 PM

When my daughter was small I had a sales girl at the Gucci store ask if she could pick her up, out of her stroller, and show her around the store. I was like, "Um, no, she has to stay in her stroller." and the girl said, "But, aww, look at her! She wants to come to me!" I had to leave! On the same trip I was in the Lucky Jeans store and was looking at jeans with my daughter still in the stroller but facing away from me (I had one hand on the stroller handle). I felt a push from the front of the stroller and looked to make sure my daughter didn't have her feet on any of the displays...Nope! A sales girl had taken my daughter's sandal off and was puting her (the sale's girl's) bare foot on my daughter's bare foot! It was a bad day at the mall, let me tell you. It must have been a full moon. Another time, this was with my son, DH, DS, and I were eating at The Cheesecake Factory in Waikiki. A young Korean couple came up to us and wanted us to take a picture of them with my son to take back and show their families in Korea. I'm a Korean linguist and it was an interesting conversation. DH and I tell that story to this day and still roll our eyes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN