Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is My Dream Crazy? Am I Too Old??

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am 30 years old and have 2 boys under 5.

I have always wanted to be a surrogate mother. My husband thinks I am crazy and my mom thinks I am too old. I thought this would be a wonderful thing to help mothers that want to have children of their own but can not carry them.

I thought I would reach out to all you ladies and see your thoughts. Also any help with info on becoming a surrogate would be great.

Thanks in advance for the info!!

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Just google becomeing a surrogate, you'll find agencies to do so. One I've heard of is Creating families. 

I think it's a very noble thing to do. It's not for me, there is just too much involved for me, but I'm glad others do it. 

VintageWife
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

You're not too old.

snakesNsnails
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM

You are definately not too old. I think it sounds great.  I would want to make sure that my husband was "on board" also, though.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I think it's a very generous thing to do :)

pamelax3
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I think your age is fine and what a wonderful gift to give another woman

Amybarnhart11
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM
That's a very noble thing to do!!! It takes a special person to me able to give such a selfless gift! You go mama! If you are really interested in doing this do some research in in but I'm positive you aren't too old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I think being a surrogate is the most selfless, generous, kind hearted thing you can do! You are definitely not too old but like Christina said, do your research. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Nope. I would say that most surrogates are in their 30s. You may have a harder time matching if you want to be a traditional surrogate (using your own eggs), but absolutely no problem if you want to be a gestational surrogate.

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Its up to you.  I know someone that did it.  I lost respect for her.  She just rented out her womb to complete strangers so she could pay off her credit cards.  I can see helping a sister or bff but random stranger?  No. 

I also thought it was odd because she had kids already, as you do, and they had to explain to all of their friends they were not getting a brother or sister, mommy's baby was for sale. 

Chr1stiansmom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I wanted to tell you , You are not  to old . I  tryed to have a baby from the time I was 22 until I was 36 and finally got pregnant then and never had a bit of trouble . In fact it was the most awesome thing in my entire life . I wanted so many more children , but never got pregnant again . I think someone that can do that for someone ( being a suragant ) is very special . 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)