Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is My Dream Crazy? Am I Too Old??

Posted by   + Show Post

I am 30 years old and have 2 boys under 5.

I have always wanted to be a surrogate mother. My husband thinks I am crazy and my mom thinks I am too old. I thought this would be a wonderful thing to help mothers that want to have children of their own but can not carry them.

I thought I would reach out to all you ladies and see your thoughts. Also any help with info on becoming a surrogate would be great.

Thanks in advance for the info!!

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Replies (11-14):
dychemommy
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Definitely not too old and I think it is a beautiful thing to do if you are the kind of person who can do that.  I'd do it for family if the need ever arose, but I don't know if I could handle doing it for a stranger, just because I wouldn't be able to hand the baby I just carried over to more or less strangers.  Plus, I tend to have easy pregnancies and deliveries, which would make me the ideal candidate for that, I think.

avaandemmasmom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM
I think its fine...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kappalopokis
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Age IS a consideration for surrogates, and 30 IS older than most. They still let you do it, but if you are looking to get paid, the compensation is typically about 1/2 what it would be for someone in their 20's.
mamameg82
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Thanks everyone for your feedback!

I did more research and they say you are less likely to be chosen if you are not financially set. Basically you have to do a credit report before hand. To prove you are not only doing it for the money.

I am not looking for the money. I loved being pregnant. I did not want to use my eggs. I just wanted to carry the baby. Due to us living paycheck to paycheck that will not be an option for me to go through an angency. So unless my friends hit the lottery that is not in my future. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN