Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
It concerns me how many women think dads shouldn't know anything about girls periods..
Did you never talk to your father about yours even asking him to get you chocolate or pads? Does your husband shy away from the topic?
My husband will often pick up pads or chocolate for out girls. He has a general idea of when they are due to start (we don't really "track" them but they are around the same time every month) sometimes when we are out shopping as a family he will ask the girls "how are you on pads? Do we need to get more?" It's not a big deal in our house, sometimes he will know they started before me because they call him and ask him to get chocolate or something salty on his way home from work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Replies (71-77):
ShellLee68
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM
What does chocolate have to do with anything? just asking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ktina11
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM
No...never talked to my Dad about it. He never bought anything for our daily house needs so again, no. Dh has no problem buying stuff for me or talking about it with me. I am sure that won't be a topic he speaks with his daughter about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM

My dad went to the store and got tampons and midol, but that was the extent of his "knowledge" of that time of the month.

mskitty6
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM

My Dad no. My husband has no problem getting pads or "corks" for me and our daughter. He knew I was pregnant before I knew all 4 times.

lageise
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I was raised by my dad so it was never a big deal in our house.  Dad bought pads and chocolate.  We really didn't have a choice with no mom around.  Someone had to teach me.

Ollie123
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Sorry but unless he is a single dad and has to buy products then I think it's weird. Probally very uncomfortable for the dd to too. We have two girls one is of period age. I take care of her.

JudesAwsomeMom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Yup

Quoting TS9509:

I have called my dad once from school not long after I started having my period and told him he needed to come get me. He asked why and I whispered in the phone my period and he said oh girl time, ill be there in about 15 minutes. My dad would stop and get pads for my mom and I if we asked but he wanted to know very little about it lol. My DH is the same way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN