Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is there a way to be tactful about this???

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok, I am expecting our third child in a month, and I have been going over this problem in my head for about, oh, the whole dang pregnancy. See, my brother in law, bless him, has a girlfriend that is, let's just say, a dirty hooker, and that's being nice. She's been around a while, but came into the picture after my son was old enough to not be held. This time, she will be around to want to hold the new baby. I really don't want her to touch my child...ever. How do I say get the message across without offending the little tramp? It really is in the new baby's best interest and best for her health that this woman not touch her ever ever ever. Can I be nice about this? What would you do??

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glynch
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Your the mom you make the rules. If you don't want someone to hold your baby just say no. And if they get mad or offended to bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Uniquecoolio
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:18 PM
i'd try to get over it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amybarnhart11
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Sounds to me like there really is no way to say it nicely. So, if I were you I'd just be totally honest but try to say it in a tactful manner. Basically just don't call her a dirty hooker to her face lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Will she give the baby a disease or something?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

kimberly161
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:20 PM
I agree. You dont have to say it in a rude way but you are the mom. I'm always asking people (usually strangers though) to pls not touch.
ittybit2012
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:22 PM

This.  

Quoting glynch:

Your the mom you make the rules. If you don't want someone to hold your baby just say no. And if they get mad or offended to bad.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:22 PM

It's going to come across as rude and insulting any way that you present it.

kirstina
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I have kinda cousin thing that I dont let touch my kids ever. thankfully we rarelly see her and so when my kids were little i would pop them on and say they were nusring. i tell her they were sleeping under the blanket. as they got older it was they were grumpy that day or didnt like new people touching them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM

This right here

Quoting glynch:

Stephanie nice to meet you.
tiarra7022
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM

There is no nice way to say it to her so i would just come out and say it. Your the parent and ppl need to respect your wishes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN