Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think I'm going go be sick...

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 15 Replies
Ugh the nasty smell of cigarette smoke is wafting off of my SO in waves right now, and it's about to make my pregnant ass sick!!!! Yuck....I really want to say something but I feel like I'm being rude!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not being rude when you are watching out for your health and your unborn baby's health.  Tell them to go take a shower and put on clean clothes.  I hate that smell.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:23 PM

This. And he should be understanding. If not, kick him in the balls! :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

You are not being rude when you are watching out for your health and your unborn baby's health.  Tell them to go take a shower and put on clean clothes.  I hate that smell.

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Why is it rude to say, "im pregnant and my sense of smell is funny.  Can you shower and wash the smell of cigs off you?"

I would tell my husband he couldnt cook certain things and he was fine with it. 

Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I would say something. I will tell my dh when he smells like smoke and I am not pregnant. Usually it's rare and it's when he wears his outside jacket. They can't smell it and I know my DH doesn't mind when I tell him cause he wouldn't wanna go to the store etc and smell like smoke. Plus your dh needs to be understanding that the smell can make you sick so he should change and clean up.

Amybarnhart11
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Thank God he if considerate enough to smoke outside, but that's not enough anymore...I have the nose of a bloodhound lately and that smell is AWFUL!!
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM
My husband smokes and it used to piss me off that he did, it still does. At least he was and still considerate to smoke outside. Even if he has to freeze his ass. I have told him he needs to wash up before he handles our son. He recently started smoking in his car and you can smell the cigarettes. I told him this morning as we were leaving our son's doctor's office that if he wants to continue to smoke and doesn't want me to give him crap about it that he needs to be more considerate. He is very stubborn and he is German too, so he is extra stubborn. I will tell him about it until his ear bleeds.
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Make him use cologne and wash his hands

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM
it would be more rude to throw up on him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Nasty

Smoking is disgusting.

Amybarnhart11
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Lol that's very true
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)