Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What's harder than mopping floors while in the third trimester?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

Picking up tiny pieces of glass from the kitchen floor and carpet from where I dropped a glass lid to the cooking pot.I have dropped glasses before, but this is the first time I have dropped a glass cooking lid. I have NEVER seen so many pieces of glass in my life.

I swept up all the glass. It shattered so far it was on the carpet right outside of the kitchen.  I vaccumed the carpet over and over. I took a cold paper towel and wiped the kitchen floor to make sure all tiny pieces were off the floor. After all this, my 11 year old son goes into the kitchen and steps on glass!

I am so frustrated right now. I have a 1 year old and she is always on the floor in the kitchen the and carpet near it, so I have to make sure all glass is up. It doesn't help that my belly is huge and my sciatic nerve is starting to bother me this evening.

juggling

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
davnrori
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Your son is 11, he is old enough to help you vacuum. Put the crevasse attachment on the vacuum and let your son vacuum under the kitchen cabinets, the space where the kitchen floor meets the carpet, and anywhere else you think the glass may have gotten to. Take a flashlight and shine it on the floor and carpet and when you see something shiny, run the vacuum over it. I hope you get it all!!!

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Do you have a swifter or something similar those swifter cloths pick up glass really well, unfortantly I know from experience last week I dropped a brand new bottle of salsa fun fun! Have your son throw on some shoes and help you make sure all the glass is up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:01 AM

i vacuum up glass and I use a broom to mop tile and put like towels or sponge on the ground and step on it and do that to mop.

AMBG825
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:18 AM

I ws going to say trying to put your socks on in your third trimester.

Due9
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Socks are hard too, and shoes ;p

Quoting AMBG825:

juggling

AMBG825
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Naaah. I wore shoes I could easily slip on. It was the socks that got me.

Quoting Due9:

Socks are hard too, and shoes ;p

Quoting AMBG825:

_WC_Mama
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Putting on socks and shoes lol I had to have someone tie my shoes for me..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN