Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Flu......great.....just great..... what next?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

I got a call at work from my sons school that I had to come pick him up because he has been complaining about being hot and cold all day. So the second time he went to the nurse she took his temp and it was 100.5. That is when they called me at work to come and get him.

He did nothing but lay on the couch at my job and sleep. He is burning up, hot to the touch and complaining about his body hurting, he couldn't even walk home I had to basically carry him.

I took his temp when I got home and it was 100.4, he still feels hot to the touch and is complaining about body aches.

The school told me that the flu is going around, so I am thinking that is what it is. I am taking him to the pediatrician tomorrow morning and we shall see what they say.

I hate when my babies are sick! :(

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM
That sucks. All three of my kids and I had it at the same time! It's awful. Good luck. Nothing the docs can do for the flu. You just have to ride it out and keep him hydrated. I would suggest a bucket near him. The onset of projectile vomiting happened very quickly and lasted about 12 hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommytoacloud
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:14 PM

well thats not quite true get him in quick enough and he can start taking tamiflu my son was sick over christmas with the flu and he started on it and was back to his old self the next day

Quoting needadvice1983:

That sucks. All three of my kids and I had it at the same time! It's awful. Good luck. Nothing the docs can do for the flu. You just have to ride it out and keep him hydrated. I would suggest a bucket near him. The onset of projectile vomiting happened very quickly and lasted about 12 hours.

_WC_Mama
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Oh no!!,yeah there is a flu epidemic going around,I hope your son feels better!!,yeah I hate when my kiddos get sick it's hard to see them sick...

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM

100.4 is barely a fever.  anyway hope he feels better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)