Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Well, that was creepy.

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 44 Replies
I am home alone. Dh is at work, kids are in school, it's just me and the dog. I was in the kitchen making dh his breakfast and heard what sounded like a small child crying. It sounded like it was coming from our basement or garage. The dog heard it too. I looked toward the basement and she was staring, hair on end. I didn't have the tv on or anything. I looked out the windows and there aren't any kids outside. It freaked me the hell out.

I took dh his food and was telling him about it and he said I'm grounded from the tv. No more haunting shows. Lol. He thinks it's all in my head, but the dog heard it too!! I don't know what would've made that sound, but I'm going to just brush it off. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PensFan99
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
That is creepy.......gave me goosebumps! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Cool! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeghanPerez
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I've always had a fascination with haunted houses - ever since I was a little kid. Dh thinks I'm completely nuts. This is the first time I have heard anything in our house. However, when we first moved in, our dog would sit and stare at one corner of our dining room and then start growling and barking like there was something there. It's quite odd.

And now, the dog will not leave my side. Usually she will go lay down on her pillow or in our room, but she is just sitting right beside me and every time I move, she is right there. Lol

Quoting LCG83:

Cool! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I'm sorry, but I would have gone and checked it out!  Perhaps a small child got away from his or her mom, and some how managed to get into your garage and is stuck or hurt or scared.. 

It also could have been a neighboring child.. I know at times, even though my neighbors houses, aren't that close.. I can sometimes hear them if the accoustics are right. 

MeghanPerez
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I did check after I got home. There is nobody around. All our neighbors are either older, or their kids are in school. The only neighbor that is home is the lady across the street (who lives alone), and the elderly man next door. And in order for someone to get into our garage, they would've had to come through the house. Lol

Quoting jessi2girls:

I'm sorry, but I would have gone and checked it out!  Perhaps a small child got away from his or her mom, and some how managed to get into your garage and is stuck or hurt or scared.. 

It also could have been a neighboring child.. I know at times, even though my neighbors houses, aren't that close.. I can sometimes hear them if the accoustics are right. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
3 moms liked this

It was probably a cat in heat. 

_WC_Mama
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Wow that sounds really creepy...I believe in Ghosts but no longer share my personal stories...I had to ground myself from watching Ghost Shows too except for Ghost Hunters because I was having horrible Nightmares every single Night,I do know there are two spirits who live in our Condo,I have seen them both...

momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I would be freaked out too!

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM

lol or that!  I've heard fox calls that sound pretty similar to a young child crying too.

Quoting christina0607:

It was probably a cat in heat. 

Ollie123
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Yep that is creepy. I also love the haunting shows but it doesn't cause me to hear things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)