Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you have an issue with your neighbor smoking pot?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 68 Replies

I don't... A few months ago a family bought the house one over from us. The house in between us is a rental. The renters don't make any noise, they don't bother anyone. I don't have an issue with them but the new neighbor supposedly saw them smoking pot. She said she is concerned for her child's safety. The renters don't have kids. She wanted me to "be aware" that they are smoking pot. I honestly don't care so long as they are not bothering me. I told her that if she had an issue with them that she should either call the cops or the landlord. She said that she called the cops, I am not sure how true that is, and the cops didn't do anything. For the record, I don't smoke pot but I don't have an issue with people who do... so long as they are not obnoxiously rude, loud or bothersome to anyone else. Would you have an issue with a neighbor that smoked pot? If so, what would you do about the circumstance?

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilana_ny
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
3 moms liked this

No. Its their house, they can do whatever they want in there. 

gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't do anything.  Smoking pot does not make people violent or crazy like some other drugs do.  There's probably more of it going on around you than you know. 

michiganmom5150
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:10 AM
No. My bf does. Has his medical card. For medical reasons. Don't know if medical is legal where u are, but that could be why the cops did nothing. They would do anything here if you had a card, as long as you aren't growing or selling without a license. If they don't bother you, who cares? If they had a meth lab, different story. That stuff is dangerous. My beother's old neighbor did and her house exploded. My brother worked nights, so he was home sleeping and had to evacuate because of toxic fumes. That would be bad. Pot? Not so much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM

as long as they don't bother me, I won't bother them.

Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Quoting gypsy30:

I wouldn't do anything.  Smoking pot does not make people violent or crazy like some other drugs do.  There's probably more of it going on around you than you know. 

Thats not true for all people, but some people it does.

ccmvm
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM

id be bothered but id probably mind my own business unless it sarted to affect my daily life

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Not at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3boysmommaNY
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I wouldn't mind as long as they kept it to themselves. 
My kids are my main priority, so as long as it stays away from them, and they don't bring any trouble to the neighborhood, then whatever. I live in a village where 90% of the locals smoke pot. Its everywhere. Just keep it away from me and my family! 

Momma to 3 boys, and PROUD Army wife :) 
Loving life in New York! tattoo

nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM

My neighbors are pot smokers, and it doesn't bother me a bit. My neighbors to the west are the smokers, and my neighbor to the east is a cop. He walks to work sometimes and he goes past my house and my other neighbors' house on his way. They sit on their porch smoking pot when he walks by and he doesn't say a thing. They're some bold motherf*ckers. lol

DixonBabies
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Nah they can do just about anything they want in their own house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN