Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 10 month old is driving me crazy

Posted by   + Show Post

I love my daughter, but shes so needy its driving me crazy. I want to just hide for a day. 

She doesn't walk or crawl. She doesn't talk. She wants to be carried all day everyday and if she'll sit in her entertainer for 5 minutes, i'm lucky. She has a shit ton of toys, she just got $350 in new toys for christmas. She probably hasn't play with even a quarter of them. She could care less all she wants is to be carried. She cant entertain herself if you put her on the floor with toys, shes not happy sitting in her highchair to eat; we have to hold her to feed her.

and yes i know im gonna get "hold her all you can, pretty soon you wont be able to hold her at all" but seriously, NO. dont give me that shit, yes i love to hold her. But at 10 months she should be more than able to entertain herself for more than 5 minutes. 

Theres nothing wrong with her. She can be feed, changed, everything perfectly fine but unless shes held shes not happy. We've tried those carriers like snugli and whatever other brand it is and she won't do it, she'll headbutt, pull your hair, scratch. she wants to be in your hands. 

Even to put her to sleep, you have to be holding her. Shes never once fell asleep by laying down by herself and we've tried a million times. 

I want to pull my hair out and cry. 

Im not willing to let her cry it out but i need suggestions. I cant take much more of it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Replies (11-13):
ArisMom208
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would have her on the floor play with a few toys with her.  This age is a bit needier than others since when they are learning to walk, they feel a bit more unsure of themselves.  Is the walker toy stationary or can she move it when she moves her legs to follow you?  Perhaps look into a toy shopping cart she can push around the house.  By sitting up on her own , that shows me she does have core strength (good muscles in torso). What kinds of games do you play with her"?   This age isnt big on independant play but they love to play with mommy and daddy.

We have a walker that she can actually move in, and she wont do it.

Then she has one thats stationary and goes around a little round table thing and she'll run circles over and over again but she leans forward and it moves, it doesnt require her to actually walk so its not teaching her anything.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Quoting ArisMom208:

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would have her on the floor play with a few toys with her.  This age is a bit needier than others since when they are learning to walk, they feel a bit more unsure of themselves.  Is the walker toy stationary or can she move it when she moves her legs to follow you?  Perhaps look into a toy shopping cart she can push around the house.  By sitting up on her own , that shows me she does have core strength (good muscles in torso). What kinds of games do you play with her"?   This age isnt big on independant play but they love to play with mommy and daddy.

We have a walker that she can actually move in, and she wont do it.

Then she has one thats stationary and goes around a little round table thing and she'll run circles over and over again but she leans forward and it moves, it doesnt require her to actually walk so its not teaching her anything.

It is still teaching her cause and effect.  At this age babies learn something from everything they do even if it seems tedious and repeitive to us.  Now you know not to buy her tons of toys for a long time so she can explore one at a time she recieved at christmas.

chercaruso
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

My son, who is now 14, was a really difficult baby.  He was so difficult I had trouble getting a sitter just so I could get a break because my family all knew that he would literally cry for hours and hours and hours.  Only when he was in my arms would he be calm.  I didn't know what was wrong with him and thought maybe I should get an opinion so I took him to the pediatrician and showed him videos of my son screaming for hours and hours.  He referred me to a pediatric GI who diagnosed him with indigestion and reflux - basically GERD.  Prescribed him Zantac.  Two days later I couldn't believe it.  My son never screamed like that again. 

Not saying that is the case with your baby, but thought it was an interesting story to share.  I feel your pain honey.  I know how hard that is.  My family knew that I needed a break even though it was difficult for them to watch him, they would still take him just so I could get a little break.  Hopefully you can find someone like that to give you a little relief.  But maybe it's not her fault.  Maybe something is going on that you don't realize.  Good luck to you.  ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)