Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

frustrated....

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

Im 21 earlier this year a day after my son turned 1 in fact i got all of my upper teeth pulled and got a denture luckily i have a really good dentist who did all my work for nothing this was to help me get a job

well now i have one kind of i work in the welfare office its an okay job simple enough but the other employees treat me so shitty...i am disabled i have cerebral palsy so i walk a little weird but you know what i actuly have a desire to work im not sitting around saying im disabled and colecting a goverment check (no offense) my grandma made sure that id never completly be disabled and im just sick of being treated lower then a slave

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
missamanda86
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM

You need to use punctuation. my brain hurts from trying to read that. Let me demonstrate. 

Im 21. Earlier this year, a day after my son turned 1 in fact, i got all of my upper teeth pulled and got a denture. Luckily i have a really good dentist who did all my work for nothing. This was to help me get a job.

well now i have one (a job) kind of. I work in the welfare office its an okay job. Simple enough, but the other employees treat me so shitty...i am disabled, i have cerebral palsy so i walk a little weird but you know what i actuly have a desire to work. Im not sitting around saying im disabled and colecting a goverment check (no offense). My grandma made sure that id never completly be disabled and im just sick of being treated lower then a slave

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:07 PM
3 moms liked this

If you are being treated badly you should talk to human resources.  They dont have to be your friend at work but they should be polite.  I work with a couple of people that I cant stand and im sure its mutual but nobody would know.  We smile and greet each other, we chat when we are near each other.  I dont seek them out at lunch or call them after hours.  I wouldnt ask them to hang out.  I just act like a professional and an adult. 

jenny198356
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this

You are an asshole...

Quoting missamanda86:

You need to use punctuation. my brain hurts from trying to read that. Let me demonstrate. 

Im 21. Earlier this year, a day after my son turned 1 in fact, i got all of my upper teeth pulled and got a denture. Luckily i have a really good dentist who did all my work for nothing. This was to help me get a job.

well now i have one (a job) kind of. I work in the welfare office its an okay job. Simple enough, but the other employees treat me so shitty...i am disabled, i have cerebral palsy so i walk a little weird but you know what i actuly have a desire to work. Im not sitting around saying im disabled and colecting a goverment check (no offense). My grandma made sure that id never completly be disabled and im just sick of being treated lower then a slave

missamanda86
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Ive been accused of worse...

Quoting jenny198356:

You are an asshole...

Quoting missamanda86:

3boysmommaNY
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I agree with NDADancemom.. I would go and talk to someone about it. Its your place of work also. They shouldn't treat you so badly. Kudos to you for working, and doing what you are capable of. I hope they are able to get to the bottom of it. They don't need to be your friends, just need to get their heads out of their bums!!! 

Momma to 3 boys, and PROUD Army wife :) 
Loving life in New York! tattoo

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM

so what are you frustrated about and what does your teeth have to do with anything?

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM

If it's that bad, I agree that you should speak to human resources.  One of my really good friends has CP (also walks a little funny, as you put it) and he is never, ever treated like that anywhere, particulary at his job.  He has a really good job.  In fact, even he would probably admit that he's treated a little better than most due to his minor disability.  Sorry you're going through this, but just wanted you to know that people aren't like that everywhere to those with disabilities.  I think the people you work with are just particulary miserable.  Maybe it's their line of work?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)